• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stop on Step account Natwest? No food help!

whitbywitchuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

We have spoken to 9 people on the 24 hour line today. For some reason they have blocked the only account with any money in, there is no reason at all honestly. It contains our son's benefit moneys and we need to get to the shop to buy food! Been passed round and round from person to person even had the line dropped, hubby's and my stress levels are terrible. We have to get to that money today. Even a reason for it being stopped would be helpful, but it is apparently a branch thing and it is Saturday. Waiting for a manager to call but doesn't think they can interfere with what is happening. Is there any overseeing body can get us access to the account? It just disappeared of online banking with £160 in it:eek:, all we have.

Is there any way of getting any satisfaction from Natwest call centres when you have an emergency like this? They always act as though everyone has loads of money and doing something like this just doesn't seem important to them as though it can wait till after the weekend, well it cannot.

Can anyone please help? We feel as though we have been robbed.

cheers

Dawnx

Has either you or your husband been made bankrupt? Taken out a loan that is in arrears?

Is the account blocked or is there a problem with the card?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The account is blocked, none of those things apply to us tho hon :confused:

thanks

Dawn

The people you are ringing telling you its a branch thing is utter crap.

Let me get this straight, they have said the account is stopped, is that right?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

natwest did this to my partner last month went to draw out money and couldnt went to branch they told him tht his account was too overdraw (impossible as he has a large overdraft )and couldnt use his card well after phoning natwest a couple of times ,all it was that he must of put the wrong pin number in wrong and it block the card , keep phoning natwest hopefully youll get someone knows what their doing on the other end

Yes they said it was stopped, nothing wrong with card as far as we know?

An hour ago a manager was supposed to ring back, the shops will be shut soon and we haven't got any food in to feed the kids, this is ridiculous, they need to sort it out. My hubby is back on the phone now :(

x

Just got off phone cannot get into electronic sysem. So it has a cashline stop on it apparently, we are trying to feed 4 until this is sorted out, oh how we are going to complain on Monday.

Pity we cannot print money we don't have like they do.

The stress is terrible, the money for the 0845 phone calls is a lot now, we are not rich people. Really would rather not bother with banks but you cannot get anyting nowadays unless you have direct debit. Ridiculous.

They don't want to use cash, cheque, anything, just control and I am so sick to the bone of it. So stressed and worried about the food thing.

xThanks to those who posted we are stuck.

Just got off phone cannot get into electronic sysem. So it has a cashline stop on it apparently, we are trying to feed 4 until this is sorted out, oh how we are going to complain on Monday.

Pity we cannot print money we don't have like they do.

The stress is terrible, the money for the 0845 phone calls is a lot now, we are not rich people. Really would rather not bother with banks but you cannot get anyting nowadays unless you have direct debit. Ridiculous.

They don't want to use cash, cheque, anything, just control and I am so sick to the bone of it. So stressed and worried about the food thing.

xThanks to those who posted we are stuck.

I would borrow funds just until Monday. Personally I would have gone into the branch or the nearest one to you today to try and resolve the issue of getting the money out. Cashline stop is card only so, in hindsight, had I spotted the thread about 6 hours ago I would have said to go into the branch(any saturday opening one) and get the money over the counter.

On Monday go in at 9am and get the money out. Ask them to explain how there was a stop on the card(there are a billion and one reasons).

Hi hon

thats wierd, cos they took it off the online banking completely so we and they couldn't transfer funds into the other account.

Had nobody to borrow from unfortunately.

Also as we are in Whitby in the middle of nowhere and that branch doesn't open we were snookered anyway.

Thanks will definately go in on Monday and get the money out and ask for an explaination as to why they could hold our own money like that without first letting us know and without ringing at least, they do have a phone number. It is disgusting.

Thanks Your Bank for your help.

Hi Whitby

I have just opened step account with Natwest:(.

Hope you give them what for on monday it is disgusting how they can do this without warning, I wonder how it would fair if you had baby that needed baby milk and nappies during week end, complete disgrace.

Let us know outcome please and hope you manage best you can this week end.

Ang

Hi Whitby

I have just opened step account with Natwest:(.

Hope you give them what for on monday it is disgusting how they can do this without warning, I wonder how it would fair if you had baby that needed baby milk and nappies during week end, complete disgrace.

Let us know outcome please and hope you manage best you can this week end.

Ang

Ang, I do understand where you are coming from but I think you have to go in to the bank as though you know nothing. In William Shakespeare's plays, the fool was the wisest of all because he acted as though he knew nothing yet knew more than anyone in the play.

Going in like a bull in a china shop gets someone's defence up immediately when what you want is their guard down so they give you more information than maybe they should do ;)

Hi Yourbank

Yeah I also see your point, but it is almost suggesting that we go to the bank and act like idiots, in that they give a little more information than they may usually part with. My main point still stands what if this family required baby necessetties apart from food, its just not on is it in this day and age. It really truley makes you want to hide your money under the matress:mad:.

Yep Angmarie

I now know why my grandparents and all their friends did just that. That generation remembered the depression in America and they hated banks with a vengence. My grans and gramps wouldn't entertain them.

Now we have not choice, for payments of wages, benefits, for buying insurance paying bills, we have been forced into using them. I have been in that situation you speak of with no nappies when I was a single mum. The bank put charges on and it took all my family allowance one week, it is no picnic dealing with huge financial bodies when you are not rich enough to be really dealing with them.

I will certainly let you know how we go on. My hubby will be the one going in, he is 'too' patient lol, good job I am unable to go really, I would be totally unsuitable but I would let them give me info first prior to telling them their service sucks lol.

x

Dawn

I understand that if the account is for benefit payments only they are completely wrong, you now need to sit down and write out exactly what happened, who you spoke to and then on Monday I 'd also contact your local MP. The bank have ways of getting money to you in these circumstances - the phone monkeys are no good, they tell you it is a branch thing, the branch tell you to contact the call centre, I was actually in a branch when they did that so I contacted the call centre immediately and said "Call centre, here is the ref given to me, the branch say contact you, speak to this lady and tell her why I have to go to the branch." The lady on the desk called the manager and problem got solved in 5 minutes.

I understand that if the account is for benefit payments only they are completely wrong, you now need to sit down and write out exactly what happened, who you spoke to and then on Monday I 'd also contact your local MP. The bank have ways of getting money to you in these circumstances - the phone monkeys are no good, they tell you it is a branch thing, the branch tell you to contact the call centre, I was actually in a branch when they did that so I contacted the call centre immediately and said "Call centre, here is the ref given to me, the branch say contact you, speak to this lady and tell her why I have to go to the branch." The lady on the desk called the manager and problem got solved in 5 minutes.

Oi, I was a branch monkey for many years, and I would have said which precise monkey they would need to call if I couldn't deal with it ;)

Ok here goes... Nothing.. nobody has a clue, no notes on it, no anything. We went through all that for no reason. Can you believe that nobody could have done anything? I cannot.

Yes we were told it was a branch thing, the branch today (500 miles away it was set up before my hubby moved) said it was most likely the 'lending dept'? We have not got a loan?

We don't understand but it feels violating to have someone on the end of a phone tell you you have £27 pounds in your 'other account' you could use because it has an overdraft facility. That was cutting it fine for a family of 4 3 adults and a child for 2 x 3 meals per day and anything else we needed. Why should we have to worry while they refuse to give us the money rightfully ours? I think that was set up by my hubby for the young uns benefits yes, before he met me.

Would you leave it or go after em for the anxiety and worry that it might happen again since no reasons were given?

thanks again

Dawn

Hi Whitby

I would write to the H/O demanding an explanation, tell them exactly how your family suffered during the week end. Unfortunately the banks are not over bothered about customer satisfaction these days but it will be recorded as a complaint.

Glad you got it sorted in the end though.

Ang

Ok here goes... Nothing.. nobody has a clue, no notes on it, no anything. We went through all that for no reason. Can you believe that nobody could have done anything? I cannot.

Yes we were told it was a branch thing, the branch today (500 miles away it was set up before my hubby moved) said it was most likely the 'lending dept'? We have not got a loan?

We don't understand but it feels violating to have someone on the end of a phone tell you you have £27 pounds in your 'other account' you could use because it has an overdraft facility. That was cutting it fine for a family of 4 3 adults and a child for 2 x 3 meals per day and anything else we needed. Why should we have to worry while they refuse to give us the money rightfully ours? I think that was set up by my hubby for the young uns benefits yes, before he met me.

Would you leave it or go after em for the anxiety and worry that it might happen again since no reasons were given?

thanks again

Dawn

I kinda agree with angmarie to a degree. I think you need to sit down and write down a chronological timeline of what happened, what you did, what you paid out phoning the bank, how you felt over the weekend, and the way you feel you were treated. Explain that nobody gave you an explanation and no one seemed to care for your circumstances.

I would ask for firstly an explanation as to what has happened and why, I would ask for compensation for phone calls PLUS the anxiety and stress caused by it all.

I would email customer relations.

[email protected]

They will take some time to investigate this because they have to refer to various departments but you should get a response and I hope some compo.

Remember that compensation should firstly be for phone calls so a verifiable amount plus an amount that you think should be fine, perhaps an amount that may mean you being able to take the kids out to say pizza hut(something like that) since they were as inconvenienced as you were. Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok help, this is a comedy of errors!

We were putting together a letter as you advised and then today my hubby goes to the bank and they have closed the other account, our joint account for no reason at all. He said it says 'misconduct' on the account however the guy my hubby spoke to said he cannot see how, or cannot see that because he has spoken to us a few times.

For the other account there was no reason (according to the bank worker) and now for this the misconduct on the account is not explained and nobody seems to be able to tell us what kind of misconduct they are talking about. We have not used this account for a long time. However it is our only joint account and I would hardly call that misconduct?

What on earth is going on here? Do we still write that letter or summarize the mess that is going on?

You have been so kind so far, hope you can help me.

Wonder if there are any set letters we can send as we both suffer depression and terrible brain fog so tackling this is particularly hard for us.

kindest thanks

Dawn

Hi WW

I would still write to them laying out the clear facts of exactly what happened to your account. Insist that if there was indeed any just cause for closing the account then at the very least they should have informed you in writing first. Try to be brief but clear in your letter and also send a copy to your bank H/O, get the address of your branch if necessary.

Dont forget to mention that your branch are unable to explain what happened.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Ang

Thanks Ang, so that is letter to branch and to HO of Natwest. Sort of assuming that will be in the City of London.

Yes hope we get it sorted too, never know what is going to happen next :confused:

luv Dawnx

You need to put something in writing and get a written response because that is very odd behaviour.