Jump to content

Formal Hearing - Help with who can attend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have a date for my formal grievience (finally after four weeks of waiting)


I am complaining about sexual descimination , harrasment, bullying at work as well as the HR departments and managements responce


The company have indicated that an outside consultant will be present along with the Managing Director.


I have checked online and this company provide HR consultancy and legal employment provision to companies.


They also provide ET Insurance.


Are they allowed to have a lawyer present at my formal grievience?


I feel that i am walking into the lions den armed with a feather duster.


can i request to have my lawyer present, whould that not be seen to be fair and reasonable?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a right to be accompanied, usually by a work colleague or union rep.


However, you have nothing to lose by asking.


I would suggest that you do so in writing; along the lines of...


It has been indicated to me that an outside consultant, from a company that provides HR consultancy and legal employment provision, will be present at my grievance meeting.


Will you please allow me to be accompanied by my lawyer.

I would appreciate a written response to my request.


*If you don't have a union rep at your company and/or no work colleague is willing to be involved add a sentence about this here.


They'll probably say no, but it's worth a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...