style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The bailiff insists that this ruling has now been superceeded. He has however not been able to provided any details of the relevent ruling.

They will tell you anything, if they are insistent that is a fact ask them to produce it or point you in the right direction.

have asked on another board and been told a bailiff is allowed to charge for a levy taken through a letter box (not a window) and then posted. He can include any items in clear view through the letter box

Load of bull, don't forget all these forums are open to anyone, no one has to prove you they are or what they do and yes the opposition also monitor them and often will give conflicting advice to either better their own cause or cause confusion.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi SJAMK,

I have had to run the gauntlet of the bailiffs too, so know how you feel. When I was looking for info I can definately remember reading that a bailiff CANNOT levy goods through the likes of a window or letterbox, but for the life of me I can't remember where I read it. However, there is a website, which I hope I am allowed to mention which is called Bailiff Advice Online. It says that distress has three stages, which are ENTRY into your premises; the SEIZURE of the goods; the subsequent SECURING of goods. It also has another section where they say that they have heard lots of reports of bailiffs posting a walking possession order through someones letterbox stating that goods have been levied or seized by looking through the window, and requesting that the walking possession order is signed and returned. The next paragraph says (and I quote) "Do NOT be tricked by this"! and has legal cases that you can look at and download to help you. You might find these useful to quote in your dealings with this matter.

So, IMO the bailiff who visited you has NOT left a valid walking possession order as he has not actually entered your premises.

I hope this info will be of help to you. Good luck and my best wishes are with you in dealing with this rather stupid person who thinks they can get one over on you.

Being quite new to CAG, I have spent hours looking at all sorts of advice and Tomtubby is certainly a name that stands out as being someone whose advice is good. He is to be congratulated on his website, the advice made me feel like I didn't have to put up with being bullied by the bailiff who was after me for council tax. :)

Being quite new to CAG, I have spent hours looking at all sorts of advice and Tomtubby is certainly a name that stands out as being someone whose advice is good. He is to be congratulated on his website, the advice made me feel like I didn't have to put up with being bullied by the bailiff who was after me for council tax. :)

totally agree with you most if not all i know comes from reading tomtubbys posts

My bailiff tried to levy on my wedding and engagement rings on my fingers as he was speaking to me in the back garden. (Had to speak to him there since he had been bellowing at my house for a good hour previously).

And apparently, speaking to him in the back garden means he has gained entry to my property?!? lol

Anyways, well shot of them now.

And wedding ring etc still firmly attached to finger.