You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

pepperguy

New again since last successful claim in 2007

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a successful claim from the Shabby Abbey back in 2007 and was dealing with Inga Kirkman, after 3 months I successfully got my full money back lncluding interest.

Anyhow, this was a joint account which is no longer i use and is closed, I am lokking to claim back on a single account with Abbey that was opened back in 1998.

There are so many changes now with the court case etc etc and I am a bit stuck before I go any further.

Understand need to get my bank statements and any "data" held on e etc etc back to when the account was opened, do I claim for bank charges back to when it was opened or just the last six years, tried finding on here but geting lots of conflicting threads.

Thanks

Pepperguy:-)

I have only ever gone for 6 years but there is a train of thought that states you can go all the way back

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

If you don't go all the way back you can go back to 6 years from the stay period or 27th July 2007(which means charges from July 2001 onwards can be claimed)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks for that, if I was to claim back to when the account was opended it would be less than £5K claiming back on this account, if it goes beyond six years worth of claims they seem to be calling it restitutionary damages and i am not 100% sure what to do.

When I write to Abbey would i word it as i would like all my charges refunded plus further restitutionary damages going back to when the account was opended or word is a bank charges back to when my account was opended.

Many thanks

pepperguy:)

Thanks yourbank, can I not claim for charges added since July 2007, I understand that cases are stayed but I thought you could still claim for charges after this date as well

Thanks yourbank, can I not claim for charges added since July 2007, I understand that cases are stayed but I thought you could still claim for charges after this date as well

Yes, I was just making the point that 6 year rule does not apply to bank charges.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

A quick note if anyone can help on this.

I am due to send my pre LBA correspondence to Abbey this week asking for all my charges back.

When I had my claim in 2007, In my original letter asking for a refund I included the excel spreadsheet and asked for the interest as well.I then got as far as a GOGW(accepted as part payment) then a court date, when I got my court date I wrote to Inga with an up to date spreadsheet that changed the amount of interest owed to me(two months extra).She then paid out in full to me plus the interest to date.

I am a bit long winded(sorry), when I send my letter this week do I still ask for the 8% interest straight away and include the spreadsheet as I saw on here that on your first letter to them just ask for the refund no the 8% as well, a little confused as its so long since my last claim and lots of changes happened since then, to be fair though Inga was ok with me and caved In when they got a court date, I am 100% sure it will not be as easy this time round.

Also I have a friend in Financial trouble and has an IVA through Loans, cards and bank accounts, as they are now in effect (closed) and he is paying the IVA, he asked me if he could claim for charges on those acounts etc etc, I have no Idea so would appreciate help on this one as well.

Thanks to all, you helped me loads last time.:smile:

Edited by pepperguy
(bad spelling)

Can anybody advise on the above, if I can ask for the 8% interest on top of the charges in my initial request to them??

Many thanks