Haddow47

Help...Need advise regarding an Ebay member

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3801 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am needing advise as what to do next regarding an Ebay member. I found parts I was needing to repair my car on an ebay members account, he had a number of parts i needed so i contacted him to see if i could buy all the items as a package for a reduced price. After a couple of emails via ebay we came to an agreement, which was £400 and I would arrange a courier to pick the items up from his house. He then told me he wanted the payment to be done by bank deposit in to his account and to get in contact as soon as I had done this so he could remove all the items off ebay then arrange the courier. I did not use Buy It Now on any of the items. I did not see the bank deposit as being an issue seeing as he had such a good feedback on ebay. So after depositing the money in to his account i phoned him immediately afterwords but he did not answer.

Since then, Friday 10th july, he has not answered his phone or replied to any of my emails I have sent him. He did however take the items off ebay after i had contacted him but has since put a few of them back up for sale.

I have contacted Ebay regarding this issue but have had no reply as of yet. I am not sure if they can do anything as i have done this outwith Ebay rules.

I have all the sellers contact details, emails we sent back and forth and the bank deposit receipt.

I am just after some information as to what route to take next as it is alot of money to myself and i cannot just forget about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

hi haddow

have you tried asking on the ebay member help boards?

i dont think you can really do much because you didnt buy from ebay auctions, your only course of action would be to contact the police. make sure you print off all correspondance from this person to show the police, but e bay will not be able to do anything

sorry

hope you get a result.

No I havent done that as yet but i will do that today. I didn't think Ebay could do anything as i didn't use Buy It Now. I am going to go to my local police station today and report it.

Do you think I would have a good chance if it took this to the small claims?

i relly feel for you and it really makes me angry that people have to steal off others, i really hope the police listen to you. make sure when you speak to them that some desk monkey does not fob you off by saying its a civil matter., its not ,it is theft and demand to speak to somone in authority.

maybe you could send a letter before action to this persons address recorded delivery stating you want a full refund or you will be taking this matter to the police or taking legal action, its worth a shot.

s x