You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Belladonna602

Daniels Silverman and oil bill!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have an outstanding amount of £304 for oil I recieved last year. It was larger but I cleared some direct to the oil company.

They passed the debt over to Daniels Silverman for collection 3 months ago. I firstly told them I did not want to pay them and wished to continue an agreement with the oil company, but they were insistant they now dealt with it. They also insisted I cleared it in full at that said time.

I was not able to pay all the monies and we seemed to be getting nowhere.

I wrote to them last week saying that I agin wished to contact and agree a payment direct with the oil comapny and not them and have recieved a reply saying they are the agents and I must deal with them.

I seem to be going around in circles. Thsi is not a large amount but I can't afford it all in one go. Should I just write to teh oil company telling them I wish to pay them direct and could we come to some kind of agreement or any other suggestions?

by pass these cretins and contact the oil company, if you had been paying them I cant see why they passed it to the muppets

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

by pass these cretins and contact the oil company, if you had been paying them I cant see why they passed it to the muppets

Thanks , you have just confirmed what I was going to do

Will keep you informed as to how it goes.

good luck

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Did you continue to make payments through the 3 month period or did you stop making payments while you waited for a reply?

Daniels Silverman will add 15% to the bill if you pay it through them. This is how they make their money. I'd suggest you contact the supplier direct and make them an offer of a reasonable payment plan. Don't simply do nothing.

If it was me I'd contact the supplier, make the offer, then simply make a weekly payment to the supplier and ignore Daniels Silverman. If the supplier said "no you must go through daniels silverman" I'd simply send the supplier the cheque direct weekly anyway. I've never known an accounts department never to cash a cheque, and once they have, it remains a civil matter.

Short version: keep sending them a cheque direct for an affordable amount regularly.

Did you continue to make payments through the 3 month period or did you stop making payments while you waited for a reply?

Daniels Silverman will add 15% to the bill if you pay it through them. This is how they make their money. I'd suggest you contact the supplier direct and make them an offer of a reasonable payment plan. Don't simply do nothing.

If it was me I'd contact the supplier, make the offer, then simply make a weekly payment to the supplier and ignore Daniels Silverman. If the supplier said "no you must go through daniels silverman" I'd simply send the supplier the cheque direct weekly anyway. I've never known an accounts department never to cash a cheque, and once they have, it remains a civil matter.

Short version: keep sending them a cheque direct for an affordable amount regularly.

Thank you................

That is exactly what I planned to do