Hamptons legal getting my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shamone,

I got two letters today exactly the same from Hamptons, one is for a credit card debt (HSBC) and one for an overdraft (Barclays), a copy of the letter is posted below.

This morning I sent a CCA and a SAR to the HSBC and Barclays respectively, I was wondering what if any action I should take in regards to these letters?

Thanks in advance peeps.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/sorrylittlelot/scan0004.jpg

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

So they have no legal right to do this? I'm afraid I don'y know anything on this area.

I am going to Email them but obviously I want it to have substance, hence I am asking the good folk on here

Loads of if's & could's in that letter :rolleyes:

No they do not have any right to obtain your credit file - only you have this & it would break data protection laws if they do.

No doubt their best buddies in the CRA's will give it to them though.

Make it clear to them that any actions not authorised by yourself or by a county court will result in official complaints being made to the OFT & trading standards.

Its worth pointing out that Hamptons are Lowells & are in fact usually full of hot air ;)

Yeah I love Lowell, they have all the disguises they have, like Hannibel from the A-team,

I am composing my email now, am I the only one who likes arguing with them?! specially as they are normaly wrong

You wont get a reply straight away & on most occassions you'll be lucky to get a reply from anyone at all.

The more bigger/official the authority you are contacting, the more chance of a reply - ive had a few replies myself from it.

Ive complained to a few DCA's on there & had follow up replies in the post.

Its a case of hit & miss/luck of the draw really.

Just do nothing.

It's far better to let them dig an enormous hole for themselves.

If they start digging in your credit file and effectively holding you to ransom and forcing you to pay a debt you may or may not legally owe, just let them do it. It will be recorded.

Ignore them. Sit back and see how far they are prepared to go.........and if/when it affects you in a serious way - KICK THEM AS HARD AS YOU CAN.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• 2 weeks later...

OK they have shot themselves in the foot here, they claim in the letter they have bought the accounts, so why then are they saying that they are requesting the agreement from their client??

cant have it both ways, write back and highlight this very;) slight oversight. and then request their complaints procedure

DId you get a response to your CCA request?

Also if they do not have the agreement to hand ask them what gives them the right to search your files. Without this anybody could claim to have "bought" the account.

Try this

Dear Cretin

I note from your letter dated 4 Aug that you state you have Bought this account, yet in the next paragraph you state that you are contacting Your Client for the agreement, Sorry but which part of bought and client do I not understand.

As of this moment My request for an agreement is outstanding and until you CAN PROVE that you are the LEGAL Owners of this alledged Debt I hereby REVOKE MY Permission for you to attempt to access my PERSONAL DATA from any third party.

If I discover that you have ignored my wishes I will report you and any company you choose to be known as to the OFT and Information Commisioner.

If you do not understand this letter then I strongly suggest you get Legal Aid

I await your response and Note the time to process a CCA Request is 12 days, after this time the alledged debt is in Serious dispute, and any further attempts to enforce collection will be vigourously defended.

lol its normal for us to use dear cretin as they are cretins.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.