Helpp need please,debts with lloyds,halifax,mnba and barclaycard

Wato

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some help and advice, there is so much information on this site I’m struggling to take it all in so if you can help it will be greatly appreciated :-)

Right basically I got made redundant in January 07 and was out of work for almost a year, so I have got myself into a right debt nightmare, I owe a fortune on store cards, credit cards, current account (overdraft) and a bank loan. I found a crappy job to begin with and paid off a lot of the smaller store cards and credit card bills and now just got the big ones to go.

Lloyds bank £3478

Lloyds Loan £1713 (these two have been passed onto Robinson way and come up as a combined total of £5191 on there letters)

Lloyds credit card £1479 (passed on to debt managers)

Barclaycard £1027

Halifax Credit Card £1450 (set up agreement with these paying £50 a month, there is over 450 of charges and fees on this though)

MBNA Credit Card £1900 (set up agreement with these paying £24 a month, again over £400 of charges on this)

I have sent a letter to all of these people asking for a full and final settlement offers on the 15th July so will wait to see what they say, By reading a lot of these posts I think I have jumped the gun a bit and maybe should of waited to do this, so have I cocked up from the beginning??

Thanks for reading all this

Cheers Wato

Hiya,

if your looking to pay these off then I would have sent them a cca request first to ensure the paperwork is in order cause if not it would help you make a heavily reduced full and final to getr rid of them

the bacnk account you could send a sar to get the last 6 yeasr transaction to calcualte what and any charges you can start relcaiming to reduce the amount

cca:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

you need to include a £1 po and just preint your name and send recorded

sar:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

you need to include a £10 po and again send recorded

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi and welcome

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some help and advice, there is so much information on this site I’m struggling to take it all in so if you can help it will be greatly appreciated :-)

Right basically I got made redundant in January 07 and was out of work for almost a year, so I have got myself into a right debt nightmare, I owe a fortune on store cards, credit cards, current account (overdraft) and a bank loan. I found a crappy job to begin with and paid off a lot of the smaller store cards and credit card bills and now just got the big ones to go.

Lloyds bank £3478

Lloyds Loan £1713 (these two have been passed onto Robinson way and come up as a combined total of £5191 on there letters) - they cant combine them, send a cca request for the loan, what is the other one?

Lloyds credit card £1479 (passed on to debt managers) cca request

Barclaycard £1027 cca request

Halifax Credit Card £1450 (set up agreement with these paying £50 a month, there is over 450 of charges and fees on this though) send them a sar and then work out the charges and reclaim them

MBNA Credit Card £1900 (set up agreement with these paying £24 a month, again over £400 of charges on this) as above

I have sent a letter to all of these people asking for a full and final settlement offers on the 15th July so will wait to see what they say, By reading a lot of these posts I think I have jumped the gun a bit and maybe should of waited to do this, so have I cocked up from the beginning??

Thanks for reading all this

Cheers Wato

when you are ready it would be best to start a seperate thread for each debt that way you wil get the relevant advice on each one

damn Ida your fast

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

hi, thanks for the advice

the lloyds debt for £3478 is for a current account,it had a £2000 overdraft

Can I send CCA request to the two companys I already have set up agreements with or jsut go straight to the SAR,also do I send these to the original companys or to the people they have been passed onto

thanks Wato

you can cca anytime, this puts them on alert that you know what the score is, carry on paying the agreed amount until they screw up that way if it does escalate you can always show that you were willing to pay and that their actions forced you into other avenues

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

hi, Im just preparing the CCA letters now can anyone tell me if I send them to the original company who I have the debt with or to the agency who it has been passed on to?

cheers Wato