Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Moorcroft DCA & Abbey

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


Looking for a bit of advice re: Abbey and Moorcroft DCA.


My wife and I have/had a basic Abbey cash account a few years ago which we stopped using but never closed. As it was a basic account there was no overdraft facility and a bounced DD and subsequent charge put the account in arrears... I can't remember how long ago this was, but it was at least 4 years.


Anyway, Abbey have continued to add interest to the overdraft which is now standing at a little over £100 and Abbey have closed the account and passed the debt to Moorcroft for recovery.


While I admit we're at fault for not closing the account earlier and letting the charges accrue I was wondering if the debt and subsequent recovery could actually be classed as illegal/unfair under the current OFT case as it has been built entirely from charges that originally applied to an unpaid DD?


Moorcroft have started the harassment calls - 9 times yesterday at up to 3 minutes a call ringing which my wife ignored and one already this morning. Any advice on stopping them phoning constantly would also be appreciated.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

for the phone calls


Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki


send a sar to shabbey and demand the statements etc, then see what they have added and reclaim them, tell muppetcroft that the account is im your understanding made up from unlawful charges and that until shabbey respond to the sar the account is in dispute




Getting There Slowly



Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...