Curtis V Barclays

Helen Curtis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sent first letter to Barclays on 5 July asking for £1106 of fees plus overdraft interest back.

A week later got a standard 'sorry you're not happy with the level of our service' (that's a understatement), however they are looking into my concerns and would respond no later than 7 August. This was one month after the date of my letter! As I was on holiday in the last two weeks of July I have been unable to chase them or send the next letter, however got back from holiday and found a standard goodwill gesture letter offering almost half my fees back of £550 waiting for me.

Now the balls rolling, going to send off the letter before action tommorrow.

Will keep you all posted with what happens.

Dont do anything with the form they have sent you. Send them a letter back stating that you are happy to accept the amount as partial settlement and that you will be continuing your action for the remainder. you could link this in to your LBA. They will almost certainly write back to you, withdrawing the offer and stating that it is their final offer, so basically see you in court.

Miss P x

FD £691.50 SETTLED IN FULL £691.50 :D

FD CREDIT CARD £75, SETTLED IN FULL £75 :D

MBNA CREDIT CARD £1784 SETTLED IN FULL :D

BARCLAYCARD . . .£500 BACK SO FAR . . NOW OFF TO COURT FOR MY OTHER £1200

PLEASE BE AWARE . . .MY OPINION IS JUST THAT . . IF IN DOUBT SEEK QUALIFIED LEGAL ADVICE x