You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

allets

Lloyds valid CCA, then settlement offered.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello fellow Caggers.

I sent for and received a valid CCA for my credit card back in March.

Surprise surprise, because it was valid, it was received in the specific timescale, with all the details correct. Now if it was invalid, I would still be waiting for it (like most of the other creditors I am dealing with). Anyway I digress.

Yesterday I received a full and final settlement offer without prejudice of £4,700 ( I owe them just over £9,000) provided I pay it within the next 10 days.

I am currently paying them £25 per month as arranged for the next 6 months.

It does seem tempting but as I can't afford do pay this, then I will be declining the offer.

Does this seem a good deal and would there be any strings attached?

Could I make them a lower offer? If I could manage to wittle them down to 10% I might be able to manage to pay that.

What do you think?

Regards,

Allets.

Bump

Well you havent got anything to lose by putting forward a counter offer have you?

I would try it and see what they say.

Write them a letter telling them you cant afford £4,700 but could pay the debt off if they were willing to accept a f and f settlement of £1,000 (or whatever you can afford). Alternatively you will continue to pay £25 and you dont see your financial position changing in the foreseeable future.

Remember to add the condition that it is removed from your credit file too.

And make sure that you sound confident and in control and give them a deadline to respond to you or the offer will be withdrawn.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09