Trying to get deposit back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone I am new today and am looking for advice on how my son can get his deposit back from Anglian windows. He gave the salesman a post dated cheque for £75 and asked for it not to be banked until the date on the cheque of course it was banked the same day. the next day they refused him credit so he filled in the cancellation form and posted it well within the 14 days given. They have kept the money and because they banked the cheque early my son as incurred bank charges. My son rang them several times and they said that the cheque was not on their system so must be in the process of being sent out to him. Of course it did not arrive. That was approx 6 weeks ago. Everytime Anglian windows customer services are contacted they are extremely unhelpful and could not care less.

I would appreciate any help thanks.

Brooker

Hi Brooker, Welcome to cag.

No more phone calls. Send them a letter with the detail especially any order number or invoice number. Tell them how long you have waited and how many time you have contacted them and then give them 7 days to refund the deposit.

Don't include any 'request' or 'please', just a straight forward demand, courtious but firm.

Send it by recorded delivery.

If you don't get satisfaction in 7 days, you then send them a Letter Before Action.

If it should reach that stage then come back if you require any further assistance.

You are better off not going to Anglian, they are very expensive and the rep adds on a lot for his commission. You can get a lot better deal by using one of your local companies.

Edited by Conniff
  • Haha 1