ARC Europe Ltd / David Lloyd

holy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to this site and after reading several posts thought I would start one of my own.

I am curently being persued by ARC for a David Lloyd membership I didn't give 3 months notice of terminating. I have read several quite old posts on this site that advise that these clowns are not worth dealing with and should be ignored. I'm all for that but as I cannot find any recent dealings with them posted on this site, thought it best to check.

I took the gym membership out with my ex partner. We gained a discount based on where she worked altough the payments went out of my bank account. Is she liable as the discount was made due to her workplace? I'm presuming I was a guest on her membership so its her problem not mine. Is that correct? I have no records since moving so am a bit at a loss as to what I signed up for.

I have recieved a quite strong worded letter stating I have 10 days to pay off the debt or court action awaits me. Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks all.

hi,

Thanks for responding. I think we both signed something but to be honest I cant remember if my signature was just for the direct debit instruction. Should I ask them to produce a signed agreement? I payed 12 months and I'm dammed if I'm gonna cough up for another 3 plus what ARC have put on top as commission. I've read some posts that suggest speaking to David Lloyd direct but I just think its unreasonable to give 3 months notice especially when that part of the deal wasn't made clear to us by the rep selling the membership.

Thanks for the advice.

I have a major complaint going through with David Lloyd at the moment. The way that I have been treated by them is nothing more than inhuman all because they cocked up my suspension of membership and refused to do anything about it. Its not like I suspended my membership because I just didn't want to go any more, my mum is dyeing and I needed all of my spare time to help look after her. You would think that I would be shown some compassion, but noooooo. I've even been laughed at down the phone.

I've been looking for directors names or even an e-mail or contact details for Scott Lloyd that doesn't take to through to his helper monkeys, but these guys are so well hidden, it makes you wonder what they have to hide.

Oh dear I seem to have hijacked your thread. But good luck and dont worry about ARC, there just your average pond ****.;)

Hi everyone,

I've sent ARC a letter requesting they prove my liability for this debt using the template on this site. I'll keep you posted on what they reply.

I also complained to the consumer drect website prior to discovering this wonderful site and got the following response:

Due to the potential complexity of your dispute and the possible need for examination of the terms and conditions you have agreed to be bound by, your case is referable to Trading Standards subject to local authority provision. For the purpose of this referral we require your address coupled with a daytime telephone number please.

What are your thoughts on this fellow cagers?

Should I be dealing with this as a 2 fronted battle?

I'm a bit reluctant to provide any details even if it's to a government body.

Your thoughts and experience will be most appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been 4 whole weeks since I sent ARC a letter asking to prove my liability to this debt and I have heard nothing. I'm hoping they realise I aint going down without a fight but suspect they may be busy judging by all the new threads regarding them. It's been a peacful 4 weeks though so I would like to say thankyou to all on this site who have helped. Donation to this site on payday.

Thanks

holy1:)