Changes in current case law?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am currently using Cartel for 10 credit case reviews in relation to flawed credit agreements. I have one against Northern rock that has reached a point where I would have expected them to issue proceedings having issued NR with legal papers in the hope they would settle in advance, followed by a reminder. The deadline dates came and went.

On contacting Cartel I have received a reply from their representative stating he has spoken to Counsel and they are awaiting an outcome on a change in current case law before proceeding. They expect that to be at least a couple of months.

So to my questions...

What is the proposed change in current case law? Is it the OFT test case? Which I thought was in relation to bank charges not flawed contracts.

If there is another test case in progress how far through the proceedings is it? What is it in relation to and how likely is it to be favourable to the consumer, namely me?

Or is this a Cartel stalling tactic having taken on too much work?

I appreciate theres alot of questions but I've searched about and cannot seem to find any answers.

Many thanks in advance..

There's another case were somewhere in the region of 10,000 cases are on hold because a judge has referred to a higher court for a descision, I can't remember the exact details but it pertains to companies that claim they can have CCAs declared invalid on a technicality.

There's another case were somewhere in the region of 10,000 cases are on hold because a judge has referred to a higher court for a descision, I can't remember the exact details but it pertains to companies that claim they can have CCAs declared invalid on a technicality.

I think Cerber is referring to this thread...and yes, I imagine that until these cases are heard then very little will progress.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/198059-unenforceability-cases-hold-until.html#post2148587

• Haha 1

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks for the replies.

That thread was useful and does confirm, at least, that its not a stall by Cartel. It does run off at tangents and is so long winded and as such I have not read all 31 pages.

I did ask Cartels rep for a further explanation but never received it. I will just sit it out and await the test case result in the hope of being favourable.

Thanks again.