You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mrsmushroom

Thomas Cook question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so apologies in advance if I seem a little finicky here (having aspergers doesn't exactly help).

We've booked flights to Tenerife going on 7th August 2009. We had some initial teething problems, in that when we went to book the flight, we were told there were meals included plus a 20kg baggage allowance. This wasn't shown on the itinery. To be clear though we asked two different agents who said "yes, meals included, 20kg baggage". We asked if we could have it in writing, TC said no, we don't issue that in writing. Anyway, subject to further discussions we found out we had NO MEALS and only 15kg luggage. After kicking up a fuss, we were told we could have an increase in luggage to 20kg, but no meals. Felt we were misled, as it's the first time we have booked with TC (and last I will say). We were then told we have 20kg outbound, but 15kg inbound. Now, what's the use in decreasing the baggage allowance coming back, when travel companies must know that people would like an increase in baggage coming back incase of bringing back souvaniers / presents? We could have got flights cheaper elsewhere for what we found we had paid TC for what we later found out we had paid for.

Anyway, it's now the 17th July with 3 weeks to go until we are due to fly. When we made the booking with TC, they booked it through Flexi trips on TC's in-house system. Now, having looked on Flexi trips website, it states all tickets are paperless, and they just need a reference number when checking in. TC say tickets should arrive 3 weeks before departure. Now I am getting worried where I stand, because I have emailed, called in shop, phoned and each time I get palmed off with a different tale. So can anyone help clear up what happens with tickets? Do we get paper tickets? If so, how long before departure do we get them?

u should get a booklet with in 14 days of ur travel with ur tikets in thats what i had from thomas cook b4 i went away in june , so dont panic and as for meals i flew out of cardiff with thomas cook and even though i had paid for meals i got them but so did everyone else ,,, they didnt check who had paid and who hadnt u just get handed them so if u get offered one just accept , im sure many others do lol

and as for luggage im quite vague on that but i had 20 kgs luggage and i ame back with more but the airport in magaluf didnt take much notice so i myself wouldnt worry to much tbh

hope some of that cleared it up for ya :p

hi you should get your travel documents 10days before you fly.

the baggage i would air on the side of caution, we went to turkey in may and the girl on the coach informed us that 20kg means 20kg, of cours we were slightly over well 4kg over cost us £32.00. yet when we have been to tenerife nobody bothered us, do what i tend to do, stand there looking stupid. have a great holiday. bigpaddy

thanks for the replies so far.

Called in TC shop on Saturday just gone as it was just short of 3 weeks prior to departure to see what the situation was with tickets. Had an email from Flexi trips saying tickets are despatched from their end 3 weeks before hand. TC looked on their system saying "yes, computer is showing tickets have arrived". Agent went to look for them, no physical copy, even though computer shows they're in. They then fob us off with the fact that an agent has scanned in an invoice and put it in system as tickets. How inept can one company be? They've cocked up our booking so many times. I know we're in a recession and that they're trying to maximise sales, but do they not care about customer service? I mean, they could have had repeat custom had they not made a mess of things and told us so many different things when the opposite was true. I truely feel like screaming.

hi mrs mushroom. t.cook are not known for customer care/service. on two occasions on recent trips to turkey, first one, cancelled our flights, till next day, blamed BAA for rescheduling, we lost one and ahalf days of our holiday. the reason we later found out that TC had two half empty planes going out on two different days. in may this year they had a plane that had to be in GOA, so they rescheduled us so we where 5 hours late.

about 7 years ago i had my pocket in the market in marmaras, spent most of the day in the police station, tried to get hold of rep, the police tried to get a rep, eventually met up with rep 23 hours later. no help no advice, i met three trainee reps who where worth there weight in gold and i told TC about them. we now book through TC, but dont do reps, welcome comitees. i have booked for 4 of us to go to turkey with flexi-trips in october, they are part of the TC group. i will be speaking to them tomorrow before any slip-ups over tickets can happen. enjoy your holiday when you go. things always have a way of sorting themselves out even TC. regards; bigpaddy1754

just another quick question, if anyone can help.

When we made our booking, flight times were as follows

dep - 0720 (man) - arrive 11:50 (tfs) - 7th August

dep - 1320 (tfs) - arrive 17:40 (man) - 21st August

since booking, flights have changed to following

dep 0700 (man) - arrive 11:20 (tfs)

dep 1255 (tfs) - arrive 17:30 (man)

we have received our tickets today with the original flight times, however, these are wrong (tickets are showing

dep - 0720 (man) - arrive 11:50 (tfs) - 7th August

dep - 1320 (tfs) - arrive 17:40 (man) - 21st August),

and our flight codes are now departing on the 2nd lot of flight times. Tried ringing TC who said even though times on tickets have been changed from what they were supposed to be, and we now have new flight times, tickets are okay. We just need our reference number.

Just to put our mind at ease, does it matter what times tickets show so long as we have our reference number?? I know there's not much difference in flight times and it doesn't matter that our flight times have changed, I just don't want to turn up at the airport with tickets showing one time, when we are departing at another, and being told we can't fly.

Don't worry about that in the slightest. ;)

hi as thailand said, dont worry about a thing. the people at the airport are on the ball.

thanks guys, you've all been a massive help, which is more than I can say for TC. We usually book with Monarch, but initially TC were offering more than monarch for similar prices. How wrong was I?? TC have been nothing better than a bunch of cowboys with our booking. I know mistakes are made and people may think TC are one of the best of there. They've just left us with a very bad impression.

Just one quick question (again). do we have to reconfirm our flights? We have done in previous years with other operators. Asked girl today whether we have to or not, and she didn't have a clue what we were asking.

Contract is formed, no reconfirming required unless stipulated in the T&C's.

I doubt there is any need. Btw, it is your inquistive mind that sidesteps any potential problems!

Have fun, from another worrier, lol.

thanks Thailand and everyone else who has replied.:)

Posted on another forum, and all I got was childish, sarcastic replies. :-x:-(

Needless to say, you've all been a massive help on here. :)