H.Samuel Issue

GBJudge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone can advise me where i go from here?

I purchased a wedding ring on the 12/06/2009 for £139.00 made from white gold, I asked the staff to make sure there was no zinc in this due to the fact i have an allergic reaction to it.

I now have blisters on my finger and can only put the ring on in the evening so the wife doesn't see it of (she`s sensitive).

Any how i phoned H.Samuel to emplane my issue tonight and they said that as they have a 30 day refund and exchange period! And that i should go in and show them the ring but if its not in the condition they sold it to me then they will do nothing about it as is there policy!

Well like all rings we buy them to put on hence they get the odd scratch but there not ment to give you blisteres!!!!

Any help would be great here please.

GBJudge

Can i just say at this point, thanks for your reply, the main issue i had was over the phone with a gentleman that said due to the 30 day refund exchange policy unless the ring was in mint condition there was little they could do, fortunately when u went in on Wednesday i spoke to the manager and showed her the blisters on my finger, as i hadn't taken the receipt in as i was there on the off chance.

She asked me to bring the ring and the receipt back on Thursday but informed me she wouldn't be due to a day of, when i went there yesterday i spoke with the assistant manager whom had been informed of my predicament and proceeded to do all she could to fine me a new wedding ring. She did and its fantastic and i got change and 3 years insurance on the diamonds.

Great customer service here and in store many thanks.

GBJudge

just a quick word of warning

not that im disparaging attempts to help

however ive had a look, samels customer service doesnt have an email address and signet.co.uk is a hosting site....

ill ask a mod to look at it as i may be wrong

• Haha 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Thanks Labrat,

I have sent an email to the addy above for conformation and will report back.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ta was a bit worried when i saw i had been cag botted

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

No Problem Labrat,

It is easier to temp. unapproved a post/quote than to edit it. I'll sort it out when/if I get an answer to my email.

GBJ, can I say don't give any personal info to that email address until we know more. I think you can guess why !!

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was lucky! I went into the store as i was passing anyway, witch tbh i think upset the guy that said no on the phone as the manager said yes lol.

But never fear i run enough forums my self and understand the implications of shall we say possible unwelcome interest.

GBJ

Good result then GBJ :D

&

Quick update,

My email to them :-

Hi,

I have seen your email posted on a website as a link to H Samuel.

Is this correct please. As a modorator on this site we wish to protect you and our members from 'spam'

Kind regards,

Lex

And in reply :-

Lex

Yes this is correct. Signet comprises of H Samuel, Ernest Jones and Leslie Davis.

Regards,

Jenny

Customer Services

I will 'approve' the other posts.

Lex

&

ta was just worried when i banged in signet.co.uk and it went to a hosting site

Please note:

It was the right call Labrat, thanks for bringing it to our attention :)

&

• 5 years later...

High can anyone help me with this. I took my marea watch into h.samuels to get a new battery. I paid £27 to get it sent off to be cracked open as its a sealed/waterproof watch. This was just over 2 months ago. Earlier today i got a phone call from h.samuel telling me that it needs a new movement aswell as a new battery and it would cost me £100 not including the cost of the battery. the problem is the watch only cost £50 to begin with and now i'm down £27 with a none working watch. Can they really charge me twice the cost of the watch and can i get back the money i've allready paid. Hoping someone can help, thanks.

High can anyone help me with this. I took my marea watch into h.samuels to get a new battery. I paid £27 to get it sent off to be cracked open as its a sealed/waterproof watch. This was just over 2 months ago. Earlier today i got a phone call from h.samuel telling me that it needs a new movement aswell as a new battery and it would cost me £100 not including the cost of the battery. the problem is the watch only cost £50 to begin with and now i'm down £27 with a none working watch. Can they really charge me twice the cost of the watch and can i get back the money i've allready paid. Hoping someone can help, thanks.

thread is 5yrs old you'll not get seen here

start a new thread

of you own

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks