You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I have no doubts whatsoever that the actual number peak number of people tested a day (or perhaps even actual tests possible a day) struggles to hit between 60-80,000 per day and any higher figures are just boosted by holding back the sending out of a blocks 40,000+ home tests, probably no more than half of which at best actually give 'real results. .. further boosted by nothing but lies   Someone needs to tell Johnson and Handcock that coronavirus is spread by blowing hot air .. it will only be effectively addressed by real actions and openness
    • Good morning,  Ive just had begging letter from VCS.  I know its rubbish but can they inform the Judge, that I refused a revised bribe, to keep my own money to claim costs if I don't accept there offer? Plead for money letter VCS copy.pdf
    • Forget paypal   And  see if the forest drops thru your door before you go dro...
    • https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/legal-aid-agency/about/complaints-procedure   What do i do if anything  ????   Oh and BTW i almost forgot , forgetting lots lately, thats why i went to the docs. I have just this week been diagnosed with Brain Calcification , whoopee on top of all this. Side effects are unbelievable, check it out. Seems ive had it for a number of years , it explains lots of problems ive had.  
    • Hi guys No letters recieved as yet,  the only update is the gaffer now knows about this demand , im sure you can imagine the crap really hit the fan.   The only thing i have found out is the LAA have a complaints department and a complaints system thats supposed to be followed. OOOPS  I suppose im not alone in this predicament.   Had i realised it was going to come to this id have told the lawyers to do one.    Keep safe ya'll .
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
jlocspoon

insurance still valid? Awkward situation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today i bought a new car and im trying to get insurance on it at the moment. The problem is the police have my licence at the moment as i got 3 points a couple of weeks ago. These 3 points take me over the new driver 6points in 2 years rule (im stupid i know). Ive just phoned the DVLA and they say they havn't been notified of the points yet so legally, at the moment, i still have a full valid UK licence.

A couple of questions regarding insurance... They will know about the points and ive checked and the revocation of my licence doesn't make a difference to the premium as its not an actual ban.

If i get insured now, when i get the letter from the DVLA saying ive got to retake my test can i just not drive the car and then when i get my full licence back just carry on driving? Would my insurance still be valid? The only thing that would differ from when i got the quote would be how long i had held my full licence.

Secondly, if my mum insures herself on my car with a different insurer (because its cheaper for her to get her own than be on mine) if she drives the car whilst im on provisional and she did have an accident would me been on a provisional and my insurance saying full licence invalidate hers in anyway?

Thank in advance!

Craig

as soon as your licence is revoked you have to inform the insurance company of the change in your licence,you will also have to notify them of the extra points if you have not already done so. This could have an effect on the premium, if you have held your licence for say over 12 months,your classed as experianced,as soon as go to provisional you are then classed as inexperianced, the excesses may also increase.The type of vehicle you drive may also have a baring as some underwriting requirements for certains cars is that you must have held a full licence for more than 12 months etc,so they may have to cancel etc..