rogerabi

help with CSA problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i am new to site and really need som help??

I contacted the csa 14 months ago for payments for my 7 yr old son and to date have recieved nothing, only to be fobbed off every time i contact them.

I have been told my case has gone 'clerical' and this can now take up to another 6 months to sort out by which time i know my ex partner will have left his job.

Frustrated is not the word, the csa have wrote on numerous occasions stating that they are going to start taking money out of his wage cos he works full time but apparenlty the system cant cope with the case ( so i have been told) and they have to do this manually.

I have complained by email twice and also wrote a letter of complaint to no avail.

If anyone knows of anything else i can do , your views with be fully appreciated

many thanks

14 months ago? I have been waiting 6 years ! Never once have they rang /written to me its always me calling them ARRRRRR

They say ex is not t raceable ....er then why was he prosecuted for housing benefit fraud (living ith new woman and 4 kids nt declaring)

They say he doesnt claim benefit (No because he works onthe side, she claims benefit)

I sent pictures of him on facebook in a hole with a spade in his hand digging on a building site with his work t shirt on clearl stating XXXXXconstruction and was told this is not proof !!! i KID YOU NOT!!

He beat the living daylights out of me on numerous occasions and says becuase he doesnt see MY daughter hes not paying.

They have told me (BIG BREACH CONFIDENTAILTY) he is in serius trouble with debt and has 7 (yes 7) other cases on going and I should give up ...NO FRIGGING WAY ..so much for this we will put them in prison crap... he didnt get put in prison for breaking my nose and cracking my cheek bone so im damned sure he wont for not paying me :(

And aswell as this I have been told as I work full time im not entitled to legal aid so if wanted to take this to court i would have to pay and he would get it all paid for !! Good easy life for an apparently UNTRACEABLE man (cretin!)

What I would say is although you may be struggling financially, the father shirks his responsibilities, you are bringing up your child and when your child is old enough he/she will see what a fantastic mother he/she has and how you did everything you possibly could. You can hold your head high and your ex well he should be ashamed of himself !

Are you any benefits?

What area are you in?

Mrs W:cool:

Guest wino

Make an appointment with your local councillor and ask them to get involved. A couple of my friends went down this route after being 'fobbed off' by the CSA for a long time and once the councillor got involved the CSA got their act together.

My sister rang and rang the CSA for a year trying to chase up her claim. She went to a meeting at the jobcentre and they put a new claim in to the CSA for her. The CSA acted on this claim but said it could not be back dated to when she first claimed but will start when they make contact with her Ex.

Hopefully she should receive her first payment this week:)

it took my mum 10 years to finally get CSA for my brother, by which time his dad was on benifits (previously had a very well paid job). they refused to backdate any monies for the past 10 years even though it was their fault the claim took so long

Well after reading these posts my concern seems quite not so bad!!! i feel silly now.....

Well i really think that father's should pay towards the upkeep of their chikldren, i get tax credits an child tax credits, i work but only 28 hours per week, better than not working i am thinking!!!!

My ex is the same in a quite well paid job and i am thinking by the time the damm CSA sort themselves out he will have packed in his job and gone on the dole!!! damm typical... sure we should be able to make them pay all the damm back pay if its their fault.

Took some good advise and emailed my local councillor, hopefully that might quicken things up.

My friend has a son and when him an d his ex split up he contacted CSA and made a payment over the phone and has never once missed a payment, although she told the CSA that all her 3 children where his and tried to make him pay for her 3 kids ( only 1 is his), thankfully they contacted her back and she admitted that vhe was the father to just one child....

many thanks for all ur comments

just like to say keep making a pest of yourself with the CSA

friend of my got her first payment 2 months ago. she has made at least one phone call a week for the last 4 years.

the CSA finally belived her about where he was woking and followed up on it. he has got to pay arrears.

don't give up

good luck

I paid my ex cash (in her hand) for my three. Then when she got an assessment from the job centre(never done a days work in her life) she said I'd never paid a penny.

The eldest is 14, I cant imagine the figure they're going to come out with. :(

Fwog

14 months ago? I have been waiting 6 years ! Never once have they rang /written to me its always me calling them ARRRRRR

They say ex is not t raceable ....er then why was he prosecuted for housing benefit fraud (living ith new woman and 4 kids nt declaring)

They say he doesnt claim benefit (No because he works onthe side, she claims benefit)

I sent pictures of him on facebook in a hole with a spade in his hand digging on a building site with his work t shirt on clearl stating XXXXXconstruction and was told this is not proof !!! i KID YOU NOT!!

He beat the living daylights out of me on numerous occasions and says becuase he doesnt see MY daughter hes not paying.

They have told me (BIG BREACH CONFIDENTAILTY) he is in serius trouble with debt and has 7 (yes 7) other cases on going and I should give up ...NO FRIGGING WAY ..so much for this we will put them in prison crap... he didnt get put in prison for breaking my nose and cracking my cheek bone so im damned sure he wont for not paying me :(

And aswell as this I have been told as I work full time im not entitled to legal aid so if wanted to take this to court i would have to pay and he would get it all paid for !! Good easy life for an apparently UNTRACEABLE man (cretin!)

What I would say is although you may be struggling financially, the father shirks his responsibilities, you are bringing up your child and when your child is old enough he/she will see what a fantastic mother he/she has and how you did everything you possibly could. You can hold your head high and your ex well he should be ashamed of himself !

Are you any benefits?

What area are you in?

Mrs W:cool:

Can you tell me why you wont let him see his child ?

Hi,

This is my first post ...within a couple of mins I realise there are lots of people with similar problems regardig CSA although I can perhaps add a new twist. I too had my case ' go clerical ' and it's a nightmare. I am claiming for my 11 year old daughter who lives with me. My exwife refused to pay maintenance so after 6 months they eventually put an attachment of earnings order in place. I received 1 payment then nothing...but here's the twist. Her employer have deducted and paid over the money but the CSA are hanging on to it !!! When I rang them for the umpteenth time they said it was because my case was on two different systems which were not linked. Then they had the cheek to ask me if I would like the money released to me !!. Hell no I love making interest free loans to the Goverment whilst I struggle to feed and cloth us and pay exorbitant credit card interest etc.

On a practical level. If you do go through divorce/seperation you must get your claim in for tax credit & child benefit plus anything else you might be entitled to. and CSA immediately because with the exception of tax credit your claim will not be backdated. They even continue to pay child benefit for three weeks to the non resident parent while they assess your claim.