Equifax & wrong information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had experience of the following?

Earlier this year i fell behind with my mortgage payments and tried to bring them up to date, which i did in May. I check my credit file regularly (bad reading!) and in May it said i was upto date. However, i have had an email today saying that a default has been placed on my mortgage account and an arrangement to pay set up on 1st June.

I telephoned the bank who confirmed that my mortgage was upto date, no arrears etc and that they had not passed any information onto Equifax. They then told me to ring Equifax which i duly did, only to be told that the information they hold on file was received from the bank and to fil out an online dispute form.

Right now, i have a default on my file which is incorrect, and if anyone searches the file it will show this, what can i do? any help would be appreciated, thanks,

James

If you fill out the online dispute form, equifax will contact the lender asking them to prove the information is correct and put a note on your file saying it's under dispute, if equifax don't receive a response within I think 28 days they'll delete the information (that account) from your credit file until the company get back to them.

That's what they did when we contacted them for my mum regarding three accounts (one was showing up as a joint account wrongly, one had been duplicated wrongly and other had been passed to a DCA who relogged the info wrongly) - none of them responded to equifax so they emailed us saying the information had been deleted from my mums credit file.

Not sure what happens if the company decide to put/change the info back the next time they access your file.