You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Okay I hope someone here might be able to answer some questions I have. As one of the many unemployed who has applied for so many jobs (most of which never even reply back) the odd spark of a chance occasionally appears.

My questions regard a vacancy I applied for and attended their clients offices having got an interview. The original advertisment gave a rate per hour of £15-£18 but I was told that in fact the rate was £15 and not negotiable. A day before the interview the agency called me (this is by the way a temporary job with a chance of it being permanent) and said that as their clients budgets were so tight the pay rate would be £12 and would that be acceptable. In desperation I said it would.

I had the interview on a Friday morning, called the agency to say I'd been and they said once they get feedback they's call me. On the following Wednesday I called and was told that they'd still not received any feedback but promised to tell me when they did and the outcome. The thing is that they said their client was desperate for someone to start almost immediately.

Let's move on another 10 days (to today) Friday and as I'd still not heard called the agency. They said their systems were down and I then asked why the vacancy was now back up with the original £15-£18 rate per hour. The lady said she did not and had certainly not asked for it to reappear. Michael (as in me) starts to wonder what the hell's going on here. Needless to say she said she'd call me back later today (well we can all live in hope).

My questions are can they do this regards pay as in lie to begin with and in fact do the same again 2 weeks later for the same job? As this is quite a respected agency can they just do generally what they have done to me and are allowed to?

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Guest Old_andrew2018

Many agencies do exactly this, I seen a few myself so yes its a common con trick.

I expect anyone who looks regularly in the Sit Vacant section and in Job Centres will see this again and again.

Many agencies do exactly this, I seen a few myself so yes its a common con trick.

I expect anyone who looks regularly in the Sit Vacant section and in Job Centres will see this again and again.

Thank you for the reply. I was so surprised to see even that area is not quite how it seems. :-(

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I would never apply for an agency job. You cannot believe anything they publish. I have wasted money finding this out.

I would never apply for an agency job. You cannot believe anything they publish. I have wasted money finding this out.

Well not too sure I understand what you mean but ...

Job Centres are really sign on centres these days. Whilst they might have jobs on their systems they tell me agencies are the places to visit for jobs. Maybe one day the 'Jobcentre' name might change to 'Sign On Centre'?

Not that many companies place direct adverts alone but tend to offer their positions through agencies.

How did you waste money finding things out dare I ask? Applicants for jobs should never ever part with cash.

Michael

How did you waste money finding things out dare I ask? Applicants for jobs should never ever part with cash.

Michael

I meant the cost of bus fares, phone calls etc. time spent registering with them only to never hear from them again, jobs I was 'ideal' for which had vanished completely by the time I had registered with the agency (using the same information I had already given them over the phone).

They have quotas to fill regarding recruitment and don't mind wasting your time and resources to do this as you have discovered.

As for job centres their sole purpose now is fraud detection.

Edited by zazen.warrior

The thing is that they said their client was desperate for someone to start almost immediately.

I've been told that before only for it to die a death :rolleyes:

Yes its a common con trick.

I'd agree, best thing you can do is keep your guard up. It's a common agency trick, but it also pays not to dismiss them completely, they do get driven by sales figures and have tendancy to waste people's time, but not all agency recruiters are complete barstewards. Believe me, I've met both!

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

:mad:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D