You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• This is more than helpful. Thank you so much. I will get the cca done tomorrow and post the reply from them for what to do next. Thank you all again. 
    • 12+2 working days.   a dca can't hurt you credit file any more anyway.   only the original creditor can issue and register a default, on or before the sale of the debt.   what the dca put in the calendar section is immaterial as only you and them can see it it does not extend the 6yrs period whereby the debt shows on your file and after which the 6th defaulted date's birthday causes the whole file to removed regardless to paid or not, paying or not......makes no odds. it still goes, but might still be owed mind, depending upon the contents of the CCA return.   dx  
    • Hello   I agree with dx100uk.   Send them a CCA request which is a request for them to produce the original agreement that gives rise to the debt.  They have a limited amount of time (I think around fifteen days) to send you the document.   Here are the possible follow-ons from that:   1. They don't respond within 15 days and so you are legally entitled to stop paying until they do send a response. 2. They send a letter saying they have gone back to the original creditor to ask for the document and they need more time.  You (legally) stop paying after fifteen days and don't pay them again until they send proof. (This is the most likely first response as they wont have any of your documentation as they bought your debt as part of 1000 others on a spreadsheet on a CD ROM or USB stick). 3. They send you something that looks like a contract or which might be something else that they want you to think is the contract within the time frame.   After either of the above  whatever they send you should be referred back here for an assessment as they will often send you unsigned documents or made up bits of nonsense.  Even if the contract turns out to be the genuine one it still might not be enforceable due to errors made by the creditor at the time of signing.   The only potential downside to the above is that they could try to damage your credit record but probably it is as much damaged as it can be by this debt already so nothing else they can do will make it worse.   Following on from the above you can continue to not pay them.  I would setup an on-line savings account and pay yourself the money instead which has the advantage of creating a resource in case you need to resume payments in the future.   They may send you further letters either inducing you to resume payments by threat or by offering you a deal.  If the document is not valid then the only deal you need to take is the one you unilaterally entered into at T plus 15 days when you agreed with yourself not to pay them another penny.   It is not impossible that they will send you a letter saying the debt is unenforceable (miraculously I have actually seen one!) and asking you to pay anyway which you will of course ignore as you should not be giving any member of this low life industry any encouragement.  
    • I agree and I've no doubt that will happen in the future, but if a court claim is issued and a ccj successfully registered against the debtor then it will never be sb anyway, so are we more likely to see more court claims in the future ?      Can it not work both way though, if the sb date is ultimately aligned to the date of the default notice, essentially giving the creditor 6 years to collect or issue a court claim then regardless of when the debt was last acknowledged / payment made, a debtor could just tell the creditor to eff off after the 6 years is up, figuratively speaking     
    • Received acknowledgement of defence submission from court. VCS now have the option of continuing their claim or not. Watch this space !!!!
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
letsmakeamark

Medway police asisst whyte and co to remove a vehicle

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3644 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just be told that medway police asissted whyte and co bailiffs to remove a vehicle from medway. The police had no knowledge of the law except that if somebody would not come out of their car then they would be nicked for breaching the peace.

So whats cooking today ?

why does that not suprize me i have seen a case were the police smashed a car window to get them out for the bailiff.and then charged him for breach of the peace

why does that not suprize me i have seen a case were the police smashed a car window to get them out for the bailiff.and then charged him for breach of the peace

hear it is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/195037-newlyn-smashed-up-car.html

Name of the bailiff s Kenny who is certificated at dartford county court.Pc was sure that there is a breach of peace. Also they wanted £1300 for 3 out standing pcns which were originally £35 each.

So whats cooking today ?

Name of the bailiff s Kenny who is certificated at dartford county court.Pc was sure that there is a breach of peace. Also they wanted £1300 for 3 out standing pcns which were originally £35 each.

Yet if your the debter its a cival matter how does that work then ?

Police state that as vehicle has been clamped it is now bailiff property. As person who owns is inside vehicle . If the person does not move from the vehicle this will cause a breach of peace for which the owner will be nicked . I believe the same story happenned where once again kent police asissted another bailiff company into collecting by nicking the powner of the vehicle.

So whats cooking today ?

Disgraceful, they should have been patrolling the streets catching real criminals.

£1195 fees not that bad when the police have done your job for you, it makes MPs expenses clames look rather small.

Disgraceful, they should have been patrolling the streets catching real criminals.

Like fraudsters and people who extort money and **** who threaten people until they part with thier money..

I believe they have a common name...If i could only remember what that was????

Like fraudsters and people who extort money and **** who threaten people until they part with thier money..

I believe they have a common name...If i could only remember what that was????

Bankers i think i mean the amount of money they take i can't spell i think that should start with a W

003a.jpg

This is the anpr van used by the same bailiff. Missing numbers are 05.

So whats cooking today ?

we awoke at 6a.m to find a bloke with a van on our drive looking at cars.he had clamps in back of a silver/white van.My partner (who is actually seriously ill,an outpatient at Kings College and taking morphine)asked him what he was doing.He merely grunted "bailiff".We asked him for paperwork and his I.D but he did not produce it.He then shoved my partner to get past him, so he shoved him back and told him to clear off or we would call police.I have had dealings with Whyte & Co over unpaid council tax so I presumed it was to do with them.I have never let them in to my house and have tried to negotiate with Medway Council as the bills are incorrect.They did not send me a levy for cars which dont belong to me.1 on hp and the other my partners and declared SORN.I e-mailed Whyte & Co re their "bailiff" and they claimed he had been assaulted!I asked for a crime ref no but they refused to comment.I have complained to medway council and the police (as he shoved my partner which could be seen as an assault.The police did not seem to be aware of a report of a bailiff being assaulted at my address but could not reveal any crime incident numbers cos of DPA but they are going to come back to me re my complaint.This company are a nightmare and will bully relentlessly.They recently sat for 3 hours outside my house so I couldn't take my partner back to my hospital as they had blocked my drive.:-x

Nothing new seeing medway still do not have a written contract or service level agreement with either of their bailiff companies.

So whats cooking today ?

we awoke at 6a.m to find a bloke with a van on our drive looking at cars.he had clamps in back of a silver/white van.My partner (who is actually seriously ill,an outpatient at Kings College and They recently sat for 3 hours outside my house so I couldn't take my partner back to my hospital as they had blocked my drive.:-x

If it happens again. Call the police but do not tell them it is a bailiff. Tell the police your driveway is being blocked and the person will not move their vehicle and you need to get to a appointment.

So whats cooking today ?

if they ever sit there again police have to move them they are breaching traffic laws also if they carry on report them for harrasment and tell them you feel intimidated

Strangely enough we never heard from the police about Whyte & Co's allegation of assault.The council have taken the debt back and agreed to my offer of payment.The bailiffs still at it though,they have clamped a car up on new road near the st george hotel.Was clamped last thurs but still there.

Put this info on swalecafe so that the person who has been clamped can be guided out of it.

So whats cooking today ?