Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Carlder Financial/Barclaycard

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello ,


I am in graduate school in California for two years now and I have always kept the balance of my barclaycard the the amount that it is supposed to be. However, the past few months I have not been able to pay that amount each month due to financial reasons. I received a notification in June from Calder Financial stating that I have to pay the balance or I will have a court order and etc. I will be able to pay some of the debt in August but I am worried that it maybe too late. I cannot contact them from here due to the time difference and it is very expensive. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice that if I am in a deep end I should do something about it. I wanted to email them but I can't find an email on the web. If it is mandatory to give them a call, I will do that and also do u think that they will give me time in order for me to pay the amount? what are the alternatives? thank you any help will do since I do no know what road to take.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome, helianka.


I would not recommend calling any DCA.


Are there any charges on the account you could re-claim.

It may be worth your while sending a CCA Request to the Northants address,

Letter 'N' in this link', send recorded with a £1.00. Postal Order, and don't sign it.




I'll move this thread to the Barclaycard Forum.






Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the fast response! I mean the letter just says: my account number, my balance and the amount due. Also it says you have failed to contact us or pay the full outstanding balance. You must pay to us with the full sum due within 7 days of this letter. Failure good result in one or more of the following consequences: which they have listed...and then at the end we urge u to pay etc. Mind you, this letter is from June 15, 2009. Also you asked if there are any charges on my account? what do u exactly mean by that? and also sending a CCA? Do you mean i should send a letter like the example of "N"? so sorry but I am not familiar! thanks so much for your help...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Helianka,


Don't panic about this. The letter from Calders is nothing unusual.


Firstly, I'd use Letter A from the above link. Send it to BC at their Northampton address to explain the problems you're having financially at the moment. Adapt the letter if necessary to reflect your own case but keep it simple.


Use Letter N only if you want to challenge the enforceability of the a/c. This is a slow process so don't worry about it immediately.


Maroon asked whether there are any charges on the a/c - late payment fees, over limit fees, etc. If there are, you can reclaim these charges in full and reduce the balance on the a/c. Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below.


Let us know if there are such charges on your a/c. If you don't have the a/c statements to confirm this, send BC a SAR with the £10 fee to get your statements. See Article 2 from here for the template letter - The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)


Read other threads here in the BC forum. :)

We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...