UseNeXT free trial rip off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recieved a email the other day demanding outstanding payment from usenext for a free trail that i had signed up to in 2006 because i handnt cancelled after 14 days i replyed back stating i couldnt remember signing up for this i then checked my emails and found i had signed up back in 2006 but hadnt relaise that i had to cancel after the 14 days so i have had to pay them 21 pounds is there any way i could have got out of this

recieved from the debt collectors

Account Name: Aviteo Ltd T/A Usenext

Description: £21.65 Website Access Fees {[uNXDE79] UseNeXT 10}

Account No.: Invoice No.:

Current Balance: €22.95 (£21.65 Website Access Fees {[uNXDE79] UseNeXT 10})

We have been instructed to contact you in relation to the above unpaid account. Now that this matter has been brought to your attention we must respectfully request immediate payment.

We appreciate that you may have cancelled your account membership since your last login, however the above relates to membership charges incurred prior to cancellation. Please note that 14 day trial packages and contracts are automatically extended in accordance with UseNext Terms and Conditions available at [EDIT]. You confirmed your acceptance of these during the sign up process.

Please call 0845 6710043 and enter reference to pay by credit or debit card, or pay online at [EDIT]. In the event that we do not hear from you, the matter will be the subject of further recovery action.

Thank you in anticipation of your immediate response

Yours sincerely

CCI LEGAL SERVICES LTD

PLEASE CALL 0845 671 0043 AND USE REFERENCE TO PAY BY CARD,

OR MAKE PAYMENT ON-LINE AT [EDIT].

PRINT AND MAIL THE ATTACHED SLIP AND YOUR CHEQUE TO CCI ------------------

PAYMENT ADVICE Re: Mr Steven Turner

All cheques or postal orders should be made payable to CCI Legal Services Ltd.

I enclose £____________________ Ref: [EDIT]

Name Address

This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

For security and training purposes all telephone calls are recorded

Registered office: Stanhope House Mark Rake Bromborough CH62 2DN. Company Registration Number 04358908.

Consumer Credit Licence Number 627305. Data Protection Registration Number Z5640292

CCI Legal Services cannot answer technical questions about our clients’ service. Please contact UseNext Technical support at [EDIT] for further assistance.

UseNext Terms and Conditions

When signing up for the service, you confirmed that you had read and accepted the Terms & Conditions. The following text was shown during the sign-up process and you accepted by ticking a box on the top of the text:

I am of legal age.

By sending this form I submit a binding offer. This offer is accepted (conclusion of the contract) when I receive an e-mail of confirmation. The contract enables me to:a) Test UseNeXT for the next 2 weeks and download up to 3 Gigabyte for free!.b) Unless I cancel within the test period, or upgrade to a different subscription package, I agree to join for only $11.25*/7,95 Euro per month - for a period of 12 month and get access to 15 Gigabytes download volume for each month. I understand that I may cancel at any time, such that my subscription is not renewed upon expiry. I acknowledge that unless I wish for my account to be automatically renewed for a further service period, I must provide notice of my wish not to renew, at least one day before the end date of the current term.

I have read through the terms and conditions and agree to join UseNeXT subject to these terms.

Right of withdrawal: I can withdraw my declaration directed on the conclusion of the contract within two weeks in written form without giving any reasons (e.g. using the support form, post, fax or online in the member area). The time allowed starts at the earliest with the receipt of this indoctrination. To ensure the time allowed for your withdrawal the duly dispatch of your withdrawal is sufficient. The withdrawal must be sent to:Aviteo Ltd.Gainsborough HouseCustomer Care81 Oxford Street London W1D 2EUGreat BritainFax: +49-700-873639813Please note that this number's prefix depends on the country you live in. A list of prefix codes can be found under "Support Hotline".Support form: [EDIT] My right of withdrawal expires ahead of time if the execution of the service was started with my explicit approval or if I have started the execution myself (e.g. by downloading).Effects of withdrawal: In case of an effective withdrawal both side's efforts have to be granted aback and incurred use (e.g. interests) has to be restored should the situation arise.

It is not possible to successfully sign up without explicitly confirming and accepting these contract conditions.

Please note that these agreements are not subject to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is a non-regulated agreement for fixed sum credit or running account credit.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77-79 covers:

(Section 77) regulated agreement for fixed sum credit

(Section 78) regulated agreement for running account credit

(Section 79) consumer hire agreements

Queries made under the terms of this act cannot be answered. This debt results from a legally binding contract.

Edited by Rooster-UK
Unauthorised links removed.

if it was me and i couldn't remember agreeing to the t and c's i would ask them for screen shots/print outs of my application

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I tried UseNext for free too. Brilliant download speeds - far superior to anyone else. But then they cap you with a limit!! Its a bit like defeating the object - "we will let you download with lightning speeds but will probably have to shut you down or charge you a damn sight more for the rest of the month"!! - Dont think so!!

Anyway, I cancelled within the period then got a call from a "rep".

What did I think of the speeds - brilliant!

Would I like to sign up? - No chance!

Why not?

After a brief explanation I then got the textbook drivel of how their research had determined how much Gb a customer would need per month. I then countered with their speeds not being necessary if that was the case.

So Im still with super-slow BT - but at least I know how to port-change now thereby playing cat and mouse with them

if it was me and i couldn't remember agreeing to the t and c's i would ask them for screen shots/print outs of my application

ida x

OP admits he signed up, therefore he must have agreed to the T&Cs. Own fault for not reading them.

DrT

OP admits he signed up, therefore he must have agreed to the T&Cs. Own fault for not reading them.

DrT

Its questionable how much effort a DCA would put in to collect a miserly £21 though.