help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recently changed my bank account as i was fed up with halifax refusing to give me a current account even tho ive been with them 10 years

anyway changed all my direct debits to new account but still utility companies tried taking the money out of the halifax account that no longer has money going in, now been charged a number of times so my account is overdrawn by £138.46, i received a letter from halifax saying i need to pay into my account the monies owing by 24th july.

i cant afford to pay that im left with £100 out my wages to live on for the whole month, what can i do can i write a letter stating they owe me money from previous charges im not paying it (have recently put in a claim for bank charges 2nd time round) what do i do i cant afford to pay that, the utility companies refuse to refund me for the bank charges they caused.

:p xxx:)

i recently changed my bank account as i was fed up with halifax refusing to give me a current account even tho ive been with them 10 years

anyway changed all my direct debits to new account but still utility companies tried taking the money out of the halifax account that no longer has money going in, now been charged a number of times so my account is overdrawn by £138.46, i received a letter from halifax saying i need to pay into my account the monies owing by 24th july.

i cant afford to pay that im left with £100 out my wages to live on for the whole month, what can i do can i write a letter stating they owe me money from previous charges im not paying it (have recently put in a claim for bank charges 2nd time round) what do i do i cant afford to pay that, the utility companies refuse to refund me for the bank charges they caused.

HI there,

I am in the same situation but I have had curr acc for the last 15 years.

3 weeks ago I've had that feeling that they will take all my money to recover any oustanding they think i have from the credit cards.

What I have done, when I moved to the other bank I told them to take everything(DD, OVERDRAFT) from halifax and to close it once is done. The only trouble is that they could not transfer the overdraft as I am on benefits...therfore Halifax is on my back I believe. I will write them a letter to say that once they will pay me all the charges I have requested, they can ofset the small amount in overdraft (compare to the little amount they have to repay me). I believe that Halifax does it anyway most of the time...offsetting everything against the other accounts you are in debt....

If I will see any letter around I shall forwarded to you otherwise wait for others to hop in...

Good luck and do not give up,

DD

Edited by London000

how was the money taken out?

if it was by DD.

then you should of cancelled them on halifax a?c to stop this.

anyhow, if you did or didn't have you tried the DD guarantee?

that should cover it and sort the issue.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i was overdrawn in one of my accounts with halifax, i recieved one letter dated 10/7/2009 just informing me i was overdraw, in my other halifax account i receive mt child tax credit & child benefit, today looking on line i noticed £126.00 transfered out of my account leaving me with nothing, rang halifax who informed me they transferred to other account in debt, asked why they did not notify me they stated they sent 4 letters to which i havent ever received, im more determined now to get my bank charges & close both accounts, can i claim for the money they transferred out to, i was overdrawn because they charged me for direct debits that didnt go out

:p xxx:)