sirfris

EGG unenforceable decleration

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I have the standard egg agreement (1999) with "Approved Limit", Apr and cash withdrawl interest issues making it unenforceable (I hope).

I am still paying my minimum payment so not in default.

My question: Has anyone written to Egg pointing this out and offering them a nominal amount say 10% of balance as full and final settlement?

I was going to say I have had the agreement reviewed it is unenforceable and hence I am making this offer instead of paying the same amount to a solicitor and dragging them through the courts to get a decleration of unenforceability.

If I default they will sell the debt on for about the same amount with no success. So surely this would be a more attractive offer i.e they get 10% or Zero if I take it to court.

I would be interested in seeing the letter if anyone has gone down this route, and knowing what the likely outcome or what Egg may do in retaliation for sending said letter.

Keep up the good work all.