You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

immortalbeast

CCJ - Local Company Problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Me and my partner have got a CCj from a local company that we had a cash loan with when we hit really bad times 2yrs ago. We sold the house as it was close to reposession and moved into my parents. We didnt contact them to give the new address as we did what most do and buried our head in the sand. They did find us after short while and i offered a cash settlelent (my parents were willing to help me) The girl i spoke to said she would ask the boss and call back. That was the last i heard for about 12 months.

They went to court and got me and my partner a CCJ and then it went to the court bailiff as i had no way to pay.

Ages and ages went by with no contact with them. We moved again into our own rented premises and they used a search agent so they say to track us down. They have been hounding us by telephone (7-8 calls a day) demanding we fill in a standing order form to pay it back £20 per week or they will go back to court. Also they have knocked on our door when we had a house full of family having a go saying it needs to be set up. Not very nice.

We said no way as we cant afford this and they have sent us another blue CCJ form for the same debt we already have a ccj for.

They have also put the search fees on top.

Firstly they had my parents number so no need for a search agent and secondly why should i have to pay for that??

Thirdly i was told once by somebody that once a company goes to court they arent allowed to call you or door knock after that point it all has to be dealt with by the court? Is this right?

I need this sorting out as its making us bad.

Matt

Firstly you cant get another CCj for the same debt.

U need to acknowledge the claim and send in a defence making sure you put it you think this is a abuse of process as u already have a ccj against you for this alleged debt.

Also i would CPR the company who are chasing you.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

What does CPR mean?

Are they allowed to chase me directly? Or are they supposed to do everything through the courts?

a CPR is a request for inffo under the civial procedure rules its like a subject acess request but can only be used during court procedings.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have no idea what you are talking about?

Why would i need one of them? Are they allowed to contact me directly once i have a CCJ? I thought they can only contact me via the court?:confused:

Is there anybody else who can help me? Nice of The Godmother to comment but i dont understand what and why i would need to ask for a cpr?

How will that benefit me?

I need this sorting as i only have a certain amount of time with this new ccj letter

Anybody???

can you scan and post up the new blue ccj form you have received? deleting any personal info

they cannot apply for another ccj on the same debt.

they can contact for payment for a ccj, they do not have to go through court to contact you

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)