Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



After a long wait, I've finally received a breakdown of fee's applied from Jacobs. They are in relation to PCN's and I paid £899.48 in total for 2 tickets.


I know a little about The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) (Amendment) Regulations 2003 and I know they can charge letter fee, 1st visit, 2nd visit etc. However, I definitely think I've been overcharged.


Here is the breakdown exactly as they have sent me:


May 19 2008 - PCN £95 - VAT £0

Jun 5 2008 - Visit fee 1 £30 - VAT £5.25 (as the amount is under £100 shouldn't this be £28 and not £30?)

Jun 12 2008 - payment by debit card £2

Jun 12 2008 - Attendance/Van £80 - VAT £14 (didn't know they can charge this, also I or my brother didn't have a car with which they can levy with at the time) (pcn's were from 2007 no cars on our drive)

Jun 12 2008 - Visit fee 2 £39 - VAT £6.83

Jun 19 2008 - Porter fee £60 - VAT £10.50 (what is this?)

Jun 19 2008 - Waiting £91.20 - VAT £15.96 (again, what is this?)


Which totals £449.74... One of the things is, I paid on the Jun 12th, so why are they charging fee's on the Jun 19th?


I called them up to dispute the fee's, and the girl I spoke to clearly didn't have a clue about The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) (Amendment) Regulations 2003, and basically said I needed to put they query/dispute in writing...


Which is what I intend to do, however I wanted to be clear on everything before I replied to them. I've already paid these so I'm simply seeking to get a refund on the overcharging. Would submitting a Form 4 be the best way to do this?


Any advice greatly appreciated....



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you must put your complaint in writing to Jacob's first giving them a chance to rectify there mistake if they tell you fees are correct you file a form 4 complaint to the county court

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...