Unrecorded and non credit searches

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

How many of you check your online files and find there are countless unrecorded entrys relating to searches made by you or the likes of Checkmyfile.

At least equifax and callcredit group them by personal and actual credit searches but experian decide to throw them all in the same pot.

For example experian can say you have 29 searches on your file. But upon closer inspection you only have say 4 actual credit searches. The rest are made up of identity checks, quotations, car insurance, national lottery Direct Debit checks. basically receipts of searches made for identity checks by companies.. But mainly unrecorded searches, made by yourself for your file.

Of course we get told that these searches are not seen by the lenders which i accept. My question to them is, If im the person who inintiated the search and placed a marker on my credit file for access to my own data. I should be in a position to want to remove it? As i was the one who initiated the search myself.. I dont need the CRA to check with a company who made the search to remove it. I made the search myself!

Ive sent Equifax a message asking what the score is anyway on a request like this. Should get back to me in a few weeks!!

Thoughts please.

Black Horse LTD 2008 - Default removed upon CCA request. Unable to supply original agreement.

This has been bothering me too.

I have several of these 'non recorded' searches on my files, my question is if they are 'non recorded' why are they there?????

Also, The previous addresses and alias records are rediculous.

My file shows 47 previous addresses, when in fact I only have four, only because different entries have been made with mis spelled street names, numbers and postcodes.

My alias names are unbelievable too. I have 9 alias names recorded and I swear that I only ever had my single name, married name, second marriage name!! Each alias has a different spelling, middle initial there or not there etc etc.

I have written to them countless times and it makes absolutely no difference. It is infuriating because in effect they are definately holding false information.

And, if these 'unrecorded' entries have no bearing on anything what I would like to see is exactly the information the creditors see. :mad: