You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
hannagh

Help! advice on complaint procedure ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I bought my nissan pathfinder 8 wks ago for £11,000 . I bought it with reversing sensors and i also had a tow bar fitted from a proper Nissan Dealer. The nissan garage had to replace the cover on the gear stick also for it was torn. I went along 2 days later and collected my new car, the cover on gear stick needed to be ordered and would be in later.. On arriving home I saw that the sensors wer`nt working. I rang the garage and was told " they were switched off when putting on tow bar" .... i was told to bring the car back and they would put them on and also sort out gear stick. Then 3 days later the car made a terrible banging noise from the engine and the car shook vigoursly very very noisy. I rang the garage and booked to bring the car down. Then the door handle broke ..just one thing afteranother. I brought the car down and was told there was nothing wrong with engine and diesel engines are noisey and maybe it was cold start in the mornings.They never fixed reversing sensors said it couldn`t be done because of the tow bar. And didnt fix handle or gear stick, all service dept had left when i collected the car... On top I had to pay my insurance company for change of a veche for a day... they would not give me one of there cars????

I was promised by the service manager the next morning on the phone that he faithfully would ensure all problems with the car would be fixed the next time and I would have a car free of charge while mine was in there garage. All sounded good, but i have now been told today that they can`t find anything wrong with the engine and the sensors can`t be turned on. My problem is the motor has done this 7 times on different occassions.and im not satisified, it is such a severe knocking you would think the engine is going to fall out of the jeep. Also I bought the jeep with sensors and tow bar and now im been told it to complicated and also a safty hazzard to have them on with a tow bar.:!: Can anyone advise or should i collect my car on there word that the engine is sound and do without my sensors. I refused to collect my car today until the engine was looked at again and the sensors switched on. The manager is ringing again in morningbut does`nt see his boss the owner allowing the sensors on due to health and safety...

Is thers a complaints procedure to follow...

Just got back from garage. I spoke to manager earlier and asked for a letter stating health and safety reasons and a letter stating the engine has been checked and all is ok. When I went to collect the car the manager wasn`t available and i had no letters and no sensors done. All I got was 2 printouts from a computer apparently showing " all DTC Reading "which shows absolutely no reference to it belonging to my car and a printout of "the Diesel system on Nissan vechiles. Iwas told engine was fine and with persistance they gave me a letter stating "there recommendation is that a towbar fitted to a nissan pathfinder is not suitable with parking sensors attached".......and not a mention of health and safety . This is not right any advice please..

Edited by hannagh
NEW INFO

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

You probably spoke to the Service Manager, or even the workshop controller.

Im not sure about rules and regs, but since its a main dealership, talk to the General Manager/Dealer Principal. Tell them this is unacceptable, and ask for the number for the Regional Area Manager, as you want this rectified within 7 working days. Be persistant, and make as much fuss as you can. I would even go to the press.

In main dealerships the buck stops with the General Manager.

Also contact Nissan Direct and complain, as most main dealership operate on a bonus system for their mechanics, and bad feedback means they wont get their bonus.

I used to work for a main dealership in the Scotland that had a franschise for Nissan, and the serivce side was appalling and glad Im out of it!!!

Some towbars can interfere with the parking sensors, but the dealership should have informed you of that before the towbar was fitted.

As for the knocking, it sounds like something was knocked out or not replace bolt wise when running the electric for the towbar.

Contact Trading Standards as well.

I found this, hope it helps.

My hubby is a mechanic, although no longer at a dealership and its bad ones like them that give the good 'uns a bad name

vehicle repairs and servicing

(for England, Wales and Northern Ireland)

When you take your car to a garage for servicing or repair, you are making a legally binding contract with the garage owner and the laws you can look to for protection are the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. These laws give you statutory rights and you are entitled to expect that the work be carried out with reasonable care and skill, within a reasonable time at a reasonable charge. If a part is replaced, the new part should be of satisfactory quality, fit for the purpose and as described.

If a fault has not been repaired properly, you should allow the garage the chance to rectify it. If they fail to do so, you may be entitled to get the work done elsewhere and recover the cost from the garage. If the garage fits a part, which turns out to be faulty, and it has not been fitted very long, you may be entitled to a refund, or you could ask for the part to be replaced. If you pay for the servicing or repairs by credit card, and if the work costs more than £100, you are protected by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which makes the credit card company equally liable. It is a criminal offence to charge for work which has not been carried out and any such complaints should be forwarded to Consumer Direct.

Good Luck

Thank you for your help, it was the service manager and then the principal manager. Now I can take this a step further... They make you feel undermined and stupid.......