Cheggars

Calculated your charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Just a quick question regarding calculated my charges. Do I go back 6 years from today or the July last year when everything was put on hold?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Hiya Cheggars

You go back 6 years to the date of your first charge :)

Tilly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hi Tilly

Thanks for that.

The statements Natwest sent me go back to 11/07/2002 and I have charges from that date.

So do I start from there or 6 years back from today?

Sorry for being a pain.

Thanks in advance once again.

Anthony

Hiya

If they have given you all of your statements from 2002 /2009 you could try claiming beyond 6 years, other wise you can claim from either 2003 till now or 2002 to 2008.

Listing the first date of the first charge.

Tilly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hi

Cheers, have done that and letter in now in the post to them.

Thanks

In fact you can go back to July 2001, since the FSA Waiver Directions as from July 2007 specifically prevents banks from using the Limitation Act to decline claims. See here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/disp_monthly.pdf

(14)

the firm must not take into account the period between 27 July 2007 and the date of termination of this direction (the “stay period”) for the purposes of relying on any limitation period (or periods) or time limits within which complainants must:

(a)make relevant charges complaints;

(b) refer relevant charges complaints to the Ombudsman; or

© bring claims before the court;

and the firm must not otherwise limit any redress that may be due to the customer, when complying with DISP or otherwise, because of the stay period;