You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

adenuf777

Anyone Used Money Union?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, although I have only joined this site today I have been following the forums fo quite some time and wanted some advice if possible.

I have taken 2 of my credit card agreements to a Company called Money Union to have them audited by Sols to see if they are enforceable or not.

I know it may have been a stupid thing to do, as I paid for this service, but the guy sounded genuine and as I hadn't paid either of them for approx. 1 year with not much hastle from either of the OC'S I was hoping that they would be found to be unenfoceable and that I could get rid of them once and for all.

To cut a long story short I have spoken to MU who are saying that they are both enforceable and I will need to continue making payments against them.

My concern is this, could it be that because my OC'S provided something that they claim to be CCA's, MU (or any company like them) may not take them on as they are not guaranteed a win whereas a friend of mine went to the same Co. but her OC's can't povide CCA's so MU are taking them to court, maybe because they know they have a cut and dry case?

Has anyone else used MU or another Company like them and had a similar experience?

Any comments or help would be great.

Thank you

Although I personally have no direct experience of this company all I can say is there is nothing they can do which you can't do yourself for free. Obviously I don't know what their "audit" consisted of, but very little I suspect.

You said that you had very little 'hassle' with these credit card companies for a year or so, so had you being making any payments to them? Did they send you a Default Notice or a Notice of Termination? If they have, did MU want to see them or even ask if you received them? The reason I ask is it is not just an agreement itself which makes a debt enforceable, in the case of a defective default notice it only makes a debt partially enforceable.

In your situation I would double check on the enforceability of these agreements, which can be done easily and at minimum cost. Just send your creditors this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter recorded delivery & enclosing a £1 postal order. When you receive them back scan them remove identifying details and post them up. Start a seperate thread for each one & we'll check them out for you. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks cerberusalert for looking at my thread. I have not made any payments on either agreement for over a year. I think I may have received DN's from them but can't really remember (sorry for being vague but I moved house and they may have got mislaid). I don't think I had termination letters, but again not 100% sure.

MU didn't ask for any info. or documents relating to the agreements other than basic things like the agreement no./outstanding bal. etc.

I did ask both OC's for copies of CCA's over a year ago, this has been ongoing fo quite some time. At one point Wesco were chasing one of the agreements, but when I asked them for a copy of the CCA they wrote back to say they would no longer be handling the case and had passed it back to the OC. Surely that must mean something?:confused:

Surely that must mean something?

Yes, they probably can't locate an enforceable agreement.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of companies such as MU have have been closed down by the OFT & the FSA and there is somewhere in the region of 10,000 court cases in abeyance waiting for a High Court ruling, because of claims initiated by such companies claiming to have found legal loopholes in agreements covered by CCA 1974. Others have been closed down because they have simply ripped their clients off. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry didn't mean to confuse you there my friend was already logged in and I didn't realiseaccording to MU they were provided with a copy of the agreement by Moorcroft (can't understand how Moorcroft can get one but Wescot can't):confused:

I spoke to a solicitor at MU today about the report they had produced on one of the agreements. He said that they had found 1 small problem with the CCA (it doesn't quote the total charge for credit) but he said this wasn't a strong enough error for them to take the case any further