RED Harrassment following SAR - Txt Alerts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

Following on from my thread here.... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/155624-old-o2-account-link.html

I send a SAR to them (Lowells / RED) last October as I was having a major "knuckle down" following years of ignoring numerous "Vultures".

I heard nothing from them (Lowells) in regards to my enquiry, now 9 months later I have received 2 txt messages off them within 2 days to inform me that I need to contact them "Immeadiately".... Heres me wondering how they have managed to get their greasy hands on my mobile number in the first place :mad:

and I quote "Mr XXXX, it is important that we speak to you today. Call RED on 01133086119 quoting ref XXX"

I am soooooo tempted to call them and remind them that they are not adhering to their responsibilities or my request but know that I will end up "effing and jeffing" at them.

Could anybody offer and advice on how I should approach them? or is it worth me just complaining direct to the FOS in regards to the way they have conducted themselves?

:-)

I felt the need to call them this morning to say "Leave me alone"

so I did....

The chap on the phone was fairly helpful and understanding to be honest, I explained that if they contacted me again without the details I requested back in October then I would report them for harrassment.

He did the usual - well you are liable for this money etc... and I reminded him that without "proof" that the debt exists I owe them sod'all :-) Now Ive either poked the fire or proved that I am not to be pushed around lol.

Ill wait and see eh.... maybe following it up with a letter would be best for myself just to cover my tracks :-)

LOL....

The annoying thing is, if I was not so clued up (thankyou CAG) I probably would cave in and pay-up.

Which was my mistake last year, I panic'd and agreed to pay them £20p/m which I did for 3 months, and the "alleged" debt was from 5 1/2yrs ago :( after a little reading up realised I was within my rights to ask the for proof before they got a penny out of me, just a shame I didnt know this before hand.

Well Ill sit and wait now.... I did remind him that any future contact would be recorded and they will be reported to the OFT for harrassment if they continued.

are you in stoke on trent area?

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Yes.... for my sins :-)

Id prefer to be sunning it up on a beach somewhere, but instead Im in Dull / Wet Fenton :-) dealing with muppets from Leeds.....

welcome to my world.

even duller/wetter sandyford.

If you get any more crap from these cretins

ring stoke TS.who are very interested in lowell/red/hamptons.

direct line for MARK WILSON 236447

SAM

• Haha 1

sam,

Cheers for that....

It has taken me 5 years to get my credit report to a satisfactory level.... still have the odd blemishes but no CCJ's or defaults so, the last thing I want are these "Cowboys" adding info that is un-enforcable.

The funny thing about it is I questioned the whole Red / Lowell / Hamptons harassment and reminded him that 3 companies chasing the same "alleged" debt is also in breach of OFT guidelines.... he replied "They arent 3 different companies, they are different departments" - so why waste money on different stationery you tools :-) lol

I had the same as you, texts from Lowells followed by texts from Red, all on an unregistered pay and go phone..trying to figure out where they got the number from.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I know this debt is now statute barred and besides which, there is no CCA available as confirmed by 1st Credit, the original chasers.

It has been passed from Lowells/Red to Muckiy Halls and now resides in the hands of BCW who are threatening that they may possibly perhaps if they feel like it, consider trying to obtain a CCJ if they are fortunate enough for me to ignore them and not defend.....dream on boys and girls.

I am quite happy to sit back and let them waste time and money chasing me knowing full well that IF they ever do try to take me to court, they have not a cat in hells chance of winning. :D

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

• 3 weeks later...

I am absolutely FUMING!!

Went to purchase a new car yesterday (both of ours are dead) so have no choice but to take advantage of the Scrappage Scheme....

Signed up for the car, got the deposit together and was supposed to be picking it up this evening, unfortunately I have just had a call to tell me that the finance has been declined.... checked my credit file and guess what?!? Default from Lowells, without any type of letter advising me that they were doing so.

Right... Where do I start, to wipe the floor with these muppets!

I am absolutely FUMING

Right... Where do I start, to wipe the floor with these muppets!

start right here I have the water if you have the mop:D

did you send the SAR to lowell or red,did you get any response at all.

on your other thread, who did you receive the letter of apology from?

and what date was this.

they left you alone till the resent texts.

what date have the cretins put this on your CF.

SAM

I just rang them spoke with 'david' who sounded like a really pleasant northern lad,

David:Can I take a reference pnumber please?

Boo: (yawn) Who's this?

David: It's lowell...

Boo: Oh! So your not Red then?

David: Yes, were Lowell a subsidiary Of Red..

Boo: Oh right, so your a DCA then?

David: If you give me the reference number I can go into some more detail with you.

Boo: So your not a debt collection agency then?

David: I can't go into any detail about our company unless you give me a reference number!

Boo: OK, what do you want a six figure or eight figure grid reference?

David: I'm Sorry??

Boo: You keep asking me for a reference number and I'm asking you do you want a 6 figure grid reference or an 8 figure grid reference, you know, maps, compasses..

David: NO! I WANT THE REFERENCE NUMBER THAT WE SENT YOU ON OUR LETTER!

Boo: What Letter?

David: HAVE YOU GOT OUR LETTER THAT WE SENT YOU?

Boo: Well thats just it, how do you know if you've sent me a letter or not, besides you don't even know who I am!

David: WHICH IS WHY I NEED THE REFERENCE NUMBER ON THE LETTER WE SENT YOU!:-x

Boo:Ha Ha:D You sound so sexy when your angry...;)

David: Click...........

Boo: Oh david!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

start right here I have the water if you have the mop:D

did you send the SAR to lowell or red,did you get any response at all.

on your other thread, who did you receive the letter of apology from?

and what date was this.

they left you alone till the resent texts.

what date have the cretins put this on your CF.

SAM

Sam, the letter I sent to them was this (sent on the 20th September 2009 )

Dear Cretins

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

The next thing I know.... 9 months later I start to receive txts off them, then find I have a default on my Credit File c/o Lowells. I didnt receive a letter off them telling me they were doing so either, so believe they have unlawfully added it?

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Letter sent, and nothing back off them as of yet...

I also contacted Experian in regards to the default that Lowells have lodged onto my Credit File, even though I was not notified of their intentions... just a couple of harrassing txts to remind me of a debt that I disputed last year, their reply is as follows...

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Lowell Portfolio. They have stated that they have raised your dispute with the original creditor and will contact you direct once they have received a response. They have requested that we retain the information on our database in the meantime. .

We can not remove or amend the default until further information has been received.

Unfortunately I am unable to amend this information without the authorisation of the company in question.

The 'Notice of Dispute' will remain on your report for 28 days. It will then be removed, unless I receive further notification from you:

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

If you have any further queries or wish to discuss this further, may I suggest you contact the company concerned direct at the following address:

Lowell Portfolio Ltd Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, Lowell Financial Ltd, PO Box 172, Leeds, LS11 9WS Tel: 0845 3009416

Experian have also informed me of the following...

All of our clients sign up to strict terms and conditions which stipulate that they must only provide us with information that is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Id like to reply with the following 2 words "Absolute TOSH!!!" I was going to swear but thought better of it :wink:

Tell Experian you want a copy of their complaints procedure, then follow it to the letter before making a formal complaint to the ICO about them..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!