Help with debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wonder if you can help me. I got into debt when I was younger and haven't paid anything for about 3 years but the old records show on my credit report under linked addresses and as such have loads of defaults and baddies registered against me.

I wonder if anyone knows whether I can get these items removed, most the stuff was taken out before 2006 and I have never received a single default notice and they don't write to me either but I have loads of defaults and want them to go away.

I'm not disputing the fact I was wrong to get into debt, we all make mistakes and mine was due to an awful ex that just spent spent spent all the time.

My username has nothing to do with my predicament lol. :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, for instance do I risk sending them all a CCA request or sit tight for over 3 years? If I CCA them, chances are there will be mistakes but then this means admitting to the debt which if I want to statute bar it, will affect the wait time as i'm almost 3yrs in now.

Thanks guys - great job by the way :-D :-D :-D

Any help would be greatly appreciated, for instance do I risk sending them all a CCA request or sit tight for over 3 years? If I CCA them, chances are there will be mistakes but then this means admitting to the debt which if I want to statute bar it, will affect the wait time as i'm almost 3yrs in now.

If nobody is chasing you, I would sit tight.

Sending a CCA request is not in itself an admission of debt and should not affect the situation re statute barred. However, what you would be doing is waving a big flag and shouting 'Hey guys, I'm over here!'

David