Default whilst with CCCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I've got a meeting with a Self employment expert from CCCS booked for 11 August and just need some clarification regarding a telephone conversation with a member of the Egg collections team. I'd sent them a letter last week mentioning my financial difficulties and that I'd contacted the CCCS who'd suggested I made token payments until my meeting. The phonecall yesterday was basically to give them my CCCS reference number, once they'd had this I was advised that 28 days from the call I'd be issued with a default notice.

Is this just a routine thing I will expect from all my creditors or is this just Egg playing silly buggers?

well the pratt seems to be pre-empting eggs resonse to the 'agreement' CCCs will try and make with all your creditors.

TBH: most go along with CCCS advice as at the end of the day, they are a bank subsidised org anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Having been on a DMP with the CCCS for the last four years I understand entirely the position you find yourself in.

The truth is that, if you are not meeting your minimum repayments, you are probably going to get multiple defaults so your credit record isn't going to look too pretty for a while (mine is enough to give anyone a heart attack!). Defaults only stay on your credit record for six years so Egg will be doing you a favour - the earlier they issue a default the earlier it will drop off your credit record.

Most of my creditors defaulted me over a six month period and the last one was due to drop off at the end of 2012. Two months ago Cap 1 contacted me to say that I could either pay them off in full or they would accept a reduced payment plan but would issue a default - which would mean my credit record would be screwed until 2015. Trying to sort out my credit record is fairly important to me as I hope to remortgage in a few years. I ended up selling my car to pay Cap 1 off.

The point is the earlier they default you the quicker you end up with a better looking credit record.

Good luck with your DMP - it is hard at the beginning and creditors will continue to hassle you but it does settle down after a while and you will begin to feel much better.

I was told although i dont know if its true, that they shouldnt default you for being on a payment plan, but i dont know if this is just hearsay. I'm starting to see if i can do anything about a recently applied default by Cap 1.

I'm starting a complaint through the finicial obsutman and will let you know if i suceed!

Please sign this petition - Asking for the government to drop the length of time credit ref agencies can hold data on us!!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

:smile::p:rolleyes:

ok. So I ahave the same experience with Egg. Wonder which lowlife they'll sell me on to! The good news is they can't then apply interest to the accounts! Deepest joy. Thankfully now I've found this site (and seen dispatches) I'm not overly concerned. Note, my other 6 creditors have accepted my DM and have not defaulted me; they have recorded AP on my credit report. So I don't think they have to default you if you agree a payment plan?

Post it up for us to see if thats ok (minus your personal details) as someone will be able to tell you if it is lawful.

My thead is...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/206278-capital-one-evil-litlle.html#post2249170

Please sign this petition - Asking for the government to drop the length of time credit ref agencies can hold data on us!!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

:smile::p:rolleyes:

Post it up for us to see if thats ok (minus your personal details) as someone will be able to tell you if it is lawful.

My thead is...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/206278-capital-one-evil-litlle.html#post2249170

Thanks Lozzzy.

I've scanned the Notice as shown below.

cagcopy.jpg

cagcopy1.jpg

cagcopy2.jpg

Anyone want to coment on this default notice?

Also, if I make a SAR to Egg and find that any charges added to my account come to more than the actual arrears amount then am I correct in thinking that the default can be challenged or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Do the charges have to be during a certain time frame or can they be over the life of the credit agrrement?

it has to be that the charges relevent to that period that put you in default and thus you got the marker on your CRA.

i'e by your own spending on a month you were £10 from your limit,

charges were then added to that same monthly period statement , this then placed you over your limit.

thus when you have reclaimed the charges, the OC has by default admitted they were unlawful, so thus must remove the default marker on your CRA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...