You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• @Jaybee in CF Claimant commitments are agreed between yourself and the Job Centre Work Coach.  So you will be able to discuss the local jobs market, transport available and all of the local issues.   As it is a two way constructive relationship, you can research all of the relevant information, so when you have your claimant commitment agreed,  the information you have obtained can be considered.              
    • look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
thebaglady

My story - letting agent to moving home

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wanted to post my story so that it may help someone and show that things can work out well when renting private property.

In Oct 07 we had our home repossessed, due to many things, it was one of the worst experiences of our life. We managed to rent a nice 3 bed house, that was perfect for us and a long term let.

Recently due to my husbands injured leg we have had to consider moving to a bungalow, and found a perfect one, i was so scared that we wouldnt pass the letting agency checks/references. Not because we have run up new debts or are bad payers, but i thought the past problems would effect our credit rating, we have never missed a rent payment, and pay all our bills on time, the only issues are old debts which since reading this forum i am now going to start to address. Both my husband and i work and have no problems getting employer references.

Today i have been told that we have passed the referencing procedure and can now make arrangements to move to our new home. I am so happy, i cant believe it.:D

The time scale was -

We viewed a property, paid the 175.00 referencing fees, five days later i get a call to say everything was ok - i had passed and the bungalow is ours. This too is long term. The agents suggested we put it into only my name as i earned enough money to afford it myself, which makes no difference to us.

Tomorrow i am going to the agents to discuss with them the tenancy start date and finalise things - so excited, i will sleep tonight now instead of lying awake stressing about it all.

The only negative thing is that that i feel sorry for the owners of our current property, they are losing tenants, and have a mortgage to pay, i do feel bad, but everyone keeps telling me that we should do whats right for us - cant help how i feel though.

Will keep updating as thigs progress

:eek: Looking hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel :eek:

Thanks for posting this baglady. I'm sure it will give a lot of people who are being threatened with repossession, or already have been, great comfort to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope you'll be happy in your new home and that your husband recovers from his injury - as far as possible anyway.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

good luck in your new home....its a wonderful feeling when things go right - i rent a bungalow too (long term i hope) & very happy here.

you do need to think of yourselves especially after whats happened....so dont feel guilty....your current landlord will find new tennants

enjoy your sleep tonight & heres to many more sleepfilled nights :)

Thank you Caro, his injury is not very serious thankfully, but is being made worse by the stairs in our home - hence moving to a bungalow.

I wanted to show people that things can and will get better, as i said the repossession was a dreadful time, but now i honestly think it has been the best thing for us, we are paying less each month too.

It has taken me nearly 2 years though to think this way, and from all i have learnt on this site i believe we could have saved our home from repossession, but thats past history now and as i said i am glad things have turned out well.

Thanks again.

good luck in your new home....its a wonderful feeling when things go right - i rent a bungalow too (long term i hope) & very happy here.

you do need to think of yourselves especially after whats happened....so dont feel guilty....your current landlord will find new tennants

enjoy your sleep tonight & heres to many more sleepfilled nights :)

Ahh thank you pinkduchess, yes i know you are right i am so excited to move, but just at the back of my mind is the fact that i am leaving my landlords in the lurch, i am sure they will find other tenants.

I certainly will sleep tonight - mind you i could be stresing now about packing and where my furniture will go!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good wishes.

What a great story - well done. Don;t you be feeling guilty about your old landlord - they'll soon get someone in there. Just enjoy your new home.

Update.....

Went to the agents today as arranged, we sign up and get our keys on 17th of August at 10am -YIPPEEE:D

They said we could have the tenancy begin whenever suited us, but the rent would be due on that date thereafter, hence 17th, as i get paid on 15th, so now i am going to - have to try to change my leave from work, which wont be easy as its kids school holidays, hopefully my manager will be ok, negotiate with our current landlord, the end date of this tenancy - hope he will agree to 19th August (giving us time to get sorted and clean whilst property is emptied), though he may hold us to months notice from 1st August, in which case we will keep the keys until the end of the month.

Our tenancy officially runs 1st of the month, but we pay rent on 15th - but we will see, hopefully he will be understanding of our situation.

We have a removal company coming on Monday to give us an estimate, we used them last time and were very happy with the service, so if cost is reasonable we will book it with them to move us on 18th August, they provide all your packing boxes, wrap, and tape - as many as you want, in with the cost.

So i am very happy, it is all coming together, i did sleep well last night, and the strange thing is i think i have moved out of this house already in my mind - things that didnt used to bother me at all - BOTHER me now a lot.:confused:

Will keep updating - and would like to thank everyone for your comments.

Well - I had a really good and very productive day today, packed up all the CD/DVD's, packed up 2 large boxes, sorted out 4 binbags of rubbish from wardrobes, and collected 3 bags for the charity collection.

I visited the new house today again, only the outside, just to look at garden and through windows etc. I really really like the property, and met one of the neighbours, who seemed very nice.

We are all so excited to be moving, and have planned each room and what furniture we are taking with us, and what we need to buy new.

Looking forward to removal man coming tomorrow to give us an estimate, we can then get him to bring us some boxes etc, as we have done all we can now until we get some more.

Forgot to mention, we have a little dog and i was very anxious about telling the letting agent and landlord, however at the initial viewing my husband just blurted it out, we have a little dog and is it ok with him?

His reply was - of course i have dogs myself and as they are part of the family, it is no problem, i would not move anywhere that i couldnt take my dogs, and so wouldnt expect anyone else to have to either.

How reassuring was that? i was really relieved, he also said we are free to decorate and do basically what we wanted to, we explained that we would like to eventually put a higher fince at the very back of the garden, we would always ask him before hand.

Off to bed now - hope i can get some sleep, cant seem to stop thinking about the move etc.:D

You will all be so fed up with me soon.

You will all be so fed up with me soon.

Not at all, thebaglady. As Caro has already said it is nice to hear good news.

This is a worry that lots of people with poor credit history will be facing so to hear your successful story will be a great boost. Please keep us updated.

Wishing you all the very best in your new home. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not at all, thebaglady. As Caro has already said it is nice to hear good news.

This is a worry that lots of people with poor credit history will be facing so to hear your successful story will be a great boost. Please keep us updated.

Wishing you all the very best in your new home. :)

Thank you for your kind words,

I also like to read positive stories, and am very interested in how people have moved on from difficult situations, it is very reassuring to read how others get on and get life back on track.

Well removal man came today and did an inspection of our home, asking what we were taking etc, he said though the price will go up slightly from last time we used them, he would try to keep the cost low. He needs to work the cost out and will sent it to us asap, i explained that we wanted 18th Aug, and he said he would get back to us, apparantly August is a very busy time for moving house!!!!

I have just emailed my current landlord, to update him. Just need to get date confirmed with the removals, so i can book the time off work.

Well its been good and bad today.

The good news is the removals are all booked and confirmed, the bad news is our landlord visited unexpectedly (visiting family at moment as live abroad), they are now asking us to leave some furniture that at the time they said we could have, bedroom furniture, and daughters bed, which i am very upset about, there is other things they want but they are not as important. We had presumed the furniture was now ours and planned to take it to our new home.

At the time we moved in they asked us if we wanted anything left in the property, we listed some items, they stated they would leave them on the understanding that the property was not furnished and if the items needed replacing it was our own responsibility to do so. I got the impression that is suited them as much as it did us having the items, as they were moving abroad and had already shipped what they wanted. I didnt agree to storing their furniture for them for a later date.

I told the landlady i was a little dissapointed at them wanting those items, and i had intended to replace the bedroom stuff myself last year - had i done so their stuff would have been long gone anyway.

I feel really dissapointed we have never asked them for anything, bothered them, etc and have looked after the property as if it were our own, and feel now they are being a bit mean with us, may be my mind but is it because we are leaving?

I dont know, she told me she would speak to her husband and get back to me, later i get an email informing me they want us to leave all the items we had discussed. I have replied to that explaining how dissapointed i am stating my reasons etc.

She also wants to show a new letting agent around to take details next week - we have agreed to this reluctantly, i dont feel i should do anything now to assist them.

Oh well - the joys of moving house........

Rant continues....

The more i think about this the more annoyed i get, i have put up with lots of things wrong with this house, faulty boiler, open fire in lounge - so draughty in winter we had to move into another room, fence panels broken - had to be botched up by my husband, condemmed gas fire in living room, toilet constantly getting blocked, uneven flags in drive, i could go on, and though these things do bother me i have never mentioned them to landlords, just got on with things, but now i wish i had been a mithering tenant.

I cant be like that but it really gets me down when you are very fair with someone and they dont treat you the same way.

Rant over..........for now.

I think!!!!

i have been looking into renting a house because at the moment we are paying out and have nothing at the end of the month, we have missed a few mortgage payments , so would we be accused of making ourselves homeless if we let the house go and went into renting a house, the thing is with a rented house we would qualify for housing benefit which would let us have bit extra each month as we both work but have low wages >

Baglady, don't mean to prick your bubble but until AST is signed and you have moved in, nothing can certain. Even if bungalow is empty it can be vandalised or burn down before Aug.

IMO you need to accept current LLs request to leave his furniture unless you have a signed agreement he gave it to you. May also reduce the removal van estimate (less work). Ensure you serve current LL with written NTQ and confirm his agreement that rent will only be due pro rata until you vacate. I assume AST is now SPT with rent due monthly, therefore Notice must be served by by end of June to expire last day of July (Tenancy dates not rent due dates apply). Your T will automatically end on NTQ expiry. LL could claim full rent until end of Aug unless you get prior written Agreemenf. Your current rent is due on 15th yet you have keys for new place from 17th 10am but not vacating until 18th. May be better if new LL/LA would let you move in on 14th and pay rent + 3 days on 17th. Returning current keys on 14th.

Use the new lower rent savings to buy replacement bed etc and reduce your outstanding debts you were worried about.

Sorry to be a Jonah but it serves no purpose to regret your previous compliant attitude, other than lesson learned. LLs seriously dislike moaning minnies.

Edited by mariner51

Mariner this thread is 3 years old.....

Baglady should be in by now................................... I hope :lol:

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Sorry CCs, Didn't spot that. Just looked at top recent threads.

Do wish they would lock threads that are >1yr since OP. It confuses many later OPs with related problem eg NTT64 and those, like me, that should have gone to Specsavers.

NTT64, Councils, LLs/LAs would not consider you 'intentionally homeless' if your Lender repossessed house due to failure to make mort repayments, but even late payments may appear on your credit report, so you may fail LL/LA credit check or be required to pay more rent up front or provide a house-owning, fully employed G. Some LLs/Ins does not allow tenancy for Ts already claiming HB or intending to.

Mods please start new thread for ntt64 and append related replies