NCO Debt collection! what do i do?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so basically i had a debt with orange and i couldnt pay it (i was a student and ive just graduated last month! im on jsa at the moment while i get interviews sorted!) so they apparently passed the debt onto NCO- a company ive never heard of! anyway- i get a card through my door saying NCO and that a guy would contact me, so i googled it and found it was debt collection :S i called the number and spoke to some people regarding payment, initially the debt was £518 but now its £628! i asked why and they sed it was cause of the contract with orange for my phone bill- the extra was the line rental until the end of my contract- but i thought it a little unfair as i was cut off so why should i pay rental for a line i dont have? (im not too sure where i stand!) so i clled and paid £100 and said i would pay the rest off each month at £100 but now i dont have an income (apart from JSA) i cant afford it and i dont know what to do about it, any ideas?? thing is when i call and say i need to talk about my account they keep cutting me off so i cant get anything sorted unless i want to pay! thats the only time the line doesnt go dead!!

HELP?!?!?

Thanks in advance! :D

Oh dear, we are in a muddle! Write and get a copy of the contract so you can see for yourself what it says about line rental in the event of termination.

You can only pay what you can afford so offer them what you can until you get a job. They will hum and haw about it and try to pressurise you into paying more but stick to your guns. They know that a court would not order you to pay more than you can afford.

good avice and stay off that damn phone!

never talk to anyone esp a dca regading debts on the phone

do it all in writing.

i would follow the advice and sar them.

in the meantime, this is NOT a priority debt.

write and TELL them they will only get £XX for XX mts

if [and a VERY bif if] if ever got to court NO judge would award more than what you can resonably afford, typically they will get LESS.

take control and ignore them

its YOUR money not theirs.

dont let these types of debt ruin your life.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...