You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Gimme Money

CCA's Trading Standards any use?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there.

I am intending to challenge a number of credit agreements which I think are unenforceable.

I have so far sent out CCA & CPR requests and had the usual responce. I have complained to the FOS (no reply yet, not holding my breath) but have had a very positive responce from my local Trading Standards Office.:D In fact I had a two hour meeting with them and they seemed very interested and indicated that they would take legal action against the lenders if 'their team' agreed that breaches of the CCA & DPA were evident. I have to wait till next week to get their official responce.

Has anyone else had an dealings with the Trading Standards over this issue, I would be very interested to hear from you?

Thanks GM :)

They seem to vary from area to area - some are very good and some just don't want to know. Some work very closely with the OFT. I don't think you will get much of a response from the FOS. They take the view that they cannot decide on legal matters and on the balance of probabilities you owe the money. A lot of the FOS adjudicators are ex-bankers and the banks finance them, so they are far from unbiased.

They seem to vary from area to area - some are very good and some just don't want to know

Like mine.

They insisted that it was fine for an OC to send a completely illegible CCA as Copies of Documents Regulations only applied at the time the agreement was signed.:eek:

When, with the help of PT I proved them wrong, they just told me to pay or I would wind up in court.

David

Hi there.

I am intending to challenge a number of credit agreements which I think are unenforceable.

I have so far sent out CCA & CPR requests and had the usual responce. I have complained to the FOS (no reply yet, not holding my breath) but have had a very positive responce from my local Trading Standards Office.:D In fact I had a two hour meeting with them and they seemed very interested and indicated that they would take legal action against the lenders if 'their team' agreed that breaches of the CCA & DPA were evident. I have to wait till next week to get their official responce.

Has anyone else had an dealings with the Trading Standards over this issue, I would be very interested to hear from you?

Thanks GM :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147392-cca-dcas-unfair-commercial.html

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Hi Thanks for the replies I hope this will be a useful post for all.

They insisted that it was fine for an OC to send a completely illegible CCA as Copies of Documents Regulations only applied at the time the agreement was signed.:shock:

Reply: When I met the Trading Standards 2 days ago they immediatly picked up on the illegible CCAs that I had, pointed out the breaches of the act and indicated that they may be able take court action against the OCs in conjunction with myself.:D Obviously, this is only one officers opinion and the rest of 'their team' may not eventually agree, I'll have to wait and see!

Any other members experiences would be appreciated keep it going:)

GM

Remind them of the UCPD and the CPUTR 2008 ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Remind them of the UCPD and the CPUTR 2008 ;)

Hi Babybear can you explain what this is? Sorry for the ignorance. GM

Hi Babybear can you explain what this is? Sorry for the ignorance. GM

If you follow the link in post #4 that thread should explain everything :)

Reply: When I met the Trading Standards 2 days ago they immediatly picked up on the illegible CCAs that I had, pointed out the breaches of the act and indicated that they may be able take court action against the OCs in conjunction with myself.:grin: Obviously, this is only one officers opinion and the rest of 'their team' may not eventually agree, I'll have to wait and see!

Excellent!!! That is what is supposed to happen.

Unfortunately my local council is noted for it's incompetence, even before you give any credence to the constant rumours of corruption that circulate.

David

Will watch with interest.. and GM, if you get continued support from your TS i will be sick as a parrot and jealous as hell.

Note to users. don't move to Torbay if you have lender issues. TS here are terrified of Banks.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything