You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Buffeh

Help! Dont know what rights I have if any

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, New to the board after searching and searching for advice on my situation.

Ill try to keep it short :rolleyes:

12th June my motorbike breaks down on the M25 - seemingly an electrical fault and one that is recognised by Honda.

Recovered to my destination and advised by the recovery driver to ring when ready to go home and get it recovered home as he doubts it will start (he said he knew nothing about bikes after he had taken the two side rear panels of and the seat to stick a booster pack on the battery)

Two days later ring recovery company and they send the same firm out and the same guy arrives.

I explain I have to travel onto London but my husband will be at home to sign for the bike once she arrives.

Once the bike is delivered I receive a call from my husband asking if Im bringing the other panel home with me?!!! On questioning it emerges that the driver delivered the bike and told my husband when he asked about the panel that it was never on there (this is a dirty great fairing panel that runs half the length of the bike)

I ring up the recovery again and lodge a complaint because the bike went on intact and I had three witnesses that saw it.

One week later after numerous calls I finally get a call stating that the driver has been interviewed again and that his story no longer tallies and so the recovery company admits full liability :) Great I thought.

Speak to the manager of the firm and he couldnt be more apologetic. We organise for the bike to be transported to his company so that they can 1. replace the missing part 2. colour match it to the rest of the bike. In addition due to the inconvieniance and stress I was put through for a week while his driver called me a liar and denied the panel was ever there he will diagnose and repair the original fault for me. Great!!

Three weeks later I finally get the bike back.

NOT impressed with the panel fit or colour match - stands out like a sore thumb!! Then first time I use the bike it breaks down with exactually the same fault!!!

Ring the recovery firm once more (Green Flag) explain the situation and they commission a report on the bike to ascertain the fault and whether it is the same one. Well thats taken three days so far and they wont allow me a copy of the report on my own bike!!

They are now stating that the RR has burnt out (this is the same part as was replaced last time) and that the stator (alternator on a bike) is not running properly. Oh and that the colour match is acceptable!

First they tried telling me that the stator going (it was dishing out far to little power) would burn out the RR which sounded very wrong to me so I rang a Honda dealer plus a couple of other garages and they all stated that was incorrect and if anything the RR would of burnt out first and damaged the stator.

They are now saying there is no way they can tell if the garage is responsible for whats occurred.

However everything ive read and all the garages Ive spoken to have said that should the RR fail there is specific course of actions that should be taken to ensure the repair is good. and that if these were done there should be no reason for the RR to fail again *sigh

ANyway Green flag rang the garage and asked about the warranty attached to the parts and work they had done and they said there is none!!

Green flag are making a decision tomorrow but I feel like Im getting screwed over and would like to know if anyone can advice me :confused:

Many thanks in advance

the bike is a cbr 600 (honda) btw just incase someone wanted to know.

Thought Id pop back to post an update.

The company admitted full liability in the end after I had threatened them with the financial ombudsman and court action. I contacted their own underwriters and lodged a complaint with them as well.

Result was one week later they sent my bike back to AND settled on a cash payment of my suggestion which has enabled me to purchase a new bike.

Still got my old one which, with a rebuilt wiring loom should be back on the road sometime in the future.

Dont give up folks, if you know your in the right keep on at them!!