Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
    • considering it expires in Jan 2021 it looks like it has 2 insurances policies running on it at the same time, What a farce! each insurance company could blame one another this shouldn't be legal, but it looks like it is.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts


Myself and my husband have lived in te same rented property for 6 years.

We rent the property through an estate agent who acts on behalf of the landlord.


We were recently very lucky to come across an ideal larger property for rent privately dealing with a private landlord direct and have been offered the property.

On Monday (this week) I put in our 1 month's notice in writing to the estate agent for our current place and told them we would be moving out in exactly one month from then.

They replied saying they wouldn't accept the notice because it has to be given from our rent date- as listed in the tenancy agreement.

Well our rent date is the end of the month and has been and gone.

So basically they won't take the month's notice until the next rent date

which means we are forced into paying another month's rent- when we won't even be here for the best part of what we'll be paying. The property will be bloody empty!

We have to move in exactly one month from now as this is what the new landlord wants as they are going abroad and need to complete the tenancy before they go.

I think this is a ****ty clause- it basically guarantees the landlord another month's rent for sweet f.a, so they're not out of pocket too long whilst looking for new tenants.

Meanwhile I have a month's rent and deposit to find for the new place- now another month's rent for here when we won't even be here!


Fair enough we signed the contract and I guess we are bound but I really think it's unfair.

Properties for rent come up when they come up- any time of the month.

You view it, decide you like it and the notice goes in- or not in our case.

How the hell can you plan to be leaving exactly when a rent date falls?

I don't think anybody does.

That's how they are guaranteed the money!

It's an easy win.


I was looking on the O.F.T website and came across something worded similar to this as being an unfair clause.


What do you think?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Just wanted to wish you luck we too are in a similar position, we have only been told today that we have been accepted for the new property we are moving to, my problem is our lease states rent due on 1st of month, but we pay our rent 15th, it looks like i will have to wait until Aug 1st to give notice, but our new property is ready and waiting.


We are going to see if we can negatiate with current landlord, if he wont budge, i will ask him to use our bond money as the last rent payment.


I will keep following your thread.

:eek: Looking hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel :eek:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its common. Nothing unfair about it. The principle has been long established in 'common-law' and statute.


Your notice must end on the same date in the month that the fixed term of your contract came to an end (which is often, but not always a rent payment date).


So, serve your notice again now with the correct date, it doesnt matter that you are giving more than a month.


Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are either of you on Housing benefit? Because you can ask for an overlap payment of up to 4 weeks for situations like this. Whether they give it you is a different thing, but the scheme is there to be used.


And yes, whack your notice in now, to the correct date. DO NOT hand back the keys until that date, (but don't be late with them ((and get a receipt)) - that could be an excuse for them to get yet another month out of you) because you are responsible for that property whether or not you are in it. You must be present at the check out inventory otherwise you leave yourself wide open to accusations of damages, then they'll be all sorts of problems about deposits and what have you. make sure you readit and agree with it before you sign it.


Good luck in your new homes chaps!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...