You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

avarose

To pay or not to pay?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have 6 creditors that i owe - credit cards and one loan. Since i lost my job and rang the National Debt Line etc i have been paying them £1 a month like clockwork - even to those i have CCA'd and then ended up sending In Dispute letters to. This is because i was advised to pay them all the £1 a month as it would look good if / when things go to court - seen as me acting in good faith etc.

I have only 2 creditors that have sent me legitimate copies of my CCA - the others have all either sent me " true copy " i.e. a generic leaflet with nothing relating to me, flat out said they don't have to send me one or just ignored my requests etc.

So my question for discussion is this: Should i keep paying them the £1 a month? My main thought is that the longer i keep communicating every month with them - the longer it is before the 6 years start. I feel that at least one of them knows they have nothing at all ( card is nearly ten years old) and my best option may be to totally ignore them - unless they do try to go down the CCJ route - which i will respond to etc. Or is it safest to keep paying the £1 no matter what? Any thoughts? Thanks!

If they cannot provide a CCA then you can stop paying them until they do. Then it has to be enforcable.

If they are unable to provide an agreement in response to your lawful request for paperwork, I wander on what basis you should be paying them anything at all?

Stop paying those that have no reason to be paid and if they do cough up the correct paperwork, you can always revert to £1 per month payments.

Your 10 year old card? If you have not acknowledfged or paid into the account for 6 years (5 years in scotland) then it is statute barred. Leave it be.

;)

Any account you have put in dispute stop paying, you are entitled to do that until they produce the goods.

If it got passed to DCA the same would apply just send them a letter saying account in dispute.

Dont be suprised if you stop paying at the amount of phone calls you will receive. When they start you just send them the telephone harrassment letter.

Always remember it is up to them to provide you with what you ask far.

A legitimate request should be responded to they cannot say they don't have to provide you with anything (the ones that are saying that probably don't have a copy of the agreement.)

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Many thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to stop paying the ones that have not sent me CCA's...

Keep us updated:)