McKenzie Hall....Anybody dealt with them????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you are that worried about your mum..then you might want to consider making a complaint about MH to your local police (not 999) & the police force for were they are based in Glasgow (not 999)

Explain everything & they will warn them off for you.

Ive had the police do things like that for me before.

Do not call 999 i cant stress that enough (normal landline contact numbers only)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here goes...

.....got my coffee...

..might just pop a small dram off something in it for dutch courage lol I

am going to print of the template and send it..

...if the s**t hits the fan then so be it....

.I have had enough now.

I will keep you informed..

..keep everything crossed for me lol :lol:

I managed to get to talk to a manager and came to an arrangement of £100 per month

LOL - I'm just imagining the smile on that guy's face when he thought he hit jackpot!

Ohyes and to repeat what others have said. Don't pay it. Ignore them. They will go away.

The guy you spoke to has got things slightly wrong, statute barred status does not have to be proven by you it has to be disproven by the creditor. They can only do that by providing proof that you had made payment or a written admission of the debt within the six year time frame. It is not your responsibility to contact the original creditor or anyone else, the fact that you have declared that this debt is statute barred puts the onus of proof squarely on the shoulders of MacKenzie Hall, it also means accordind to OFT guidelines & CPUTR that collection activities must be suspended until such time as the debt is shown to be legally enforceable.

With respect to your mother, I'll reiterate what I said in an earlier post, they cannot chase her for the debt either because she is covered by the statute barred status too. For whatever reason you seem scared that your mother will find out about this debt, but if she is anything like my mother was she would be more infuriated with MacKenzie Hall and their tactics than she would be with you. Isn't there any way you can discuss this with her explaining that you thought the debt had been paid ten years ago and all of a sudden these Kilmarnock cretins have appeared illegally demanding payment on a statute barred debt?

Divadebs,as you can see from my post count,i am a newbie to this site.

I was in the same position as yourself.

The best advice i ever found and took was from members here.

I sent the statute barred letter to Mchall and have heard nothing since.

I have reported them to the relevant bodies too,if i spoke to someone the way the lady spoke to me,i would expect to be arrested!!!!.

The people here give solid advice and i can only thank them for their advice and time.

Send that letter, you will be glad you did:)

Thank you all so very much, I have used this site many times for advice and I would'nt know what to do or were to turn with out there help. Everyone on here are amazing. I have posted my letter and I just hope that this will be the end of it. Just out of interest has anybody heard of anyone still been perused when statue barred letter has failed? Thanks again, Debs x:)

MH wouldn't dare pursue, they are under a strict warning from the OFT about their collection activities particularly with regard to statute barred debt. That is why you should also complain to the Trading Standards & the OFT.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

[email protected]

Hi Divadeb

My Statute barred situation was with the student loans company.

The devious feckers tried a few last fultile lies after I sent the statute barred letters such as : "It's government money....it can't be statute barred!!" and "You failed to notify us of your whereabouts contrary to section blah blah of your contract thereby commiting fraud blah blah and therefore the account is no longer statute barred" (I did notify them in writing:eek:)

The last one they stupidly put in writing:lol::lol::lol: and whenever I feel down I have a good read of it. Barred then unbarred - they almost had me worried. It's so funny it brings tears to my eyes to think how stupid they are.

No doubt they will try these tactics with you. They have the same mentality as a dog that wants to ride your knee - they just don't know when to stop.

CAG metaphorically castrates them with a massive kick in the cohones and they soon get the message and crawl back into their little holes.

You'll be fine and will soon see the funny side:)

Kurvaface......thanks for your post it did make me laugh. On a serious note it does make me wonder what kind of person works for these debt collection agencies. The woman we spoke to was a f*****g nightmare, anybody would have thought we personally owed her the money. They must all drink horlicks to help them sleep lol

i sent them the letter over three weeks ago recorded not heard anything, if i do i will just tell them to do one not very politely and report them for haressment, oh and thank you to all the advice on this site, your absolute stars!!!!!!!!

I've had brief dealings with them over an old Marks and Spencer debt that the dreaded Cabot bought. This debt had just become statute barred.

McKenzie Hall wrote to me and I sent them the statute barred letter by recorded delivery. They wrote to me again a fortnight later and told them in no uncertain terms that they had been warned by the OFT for persuing statute barred debts when the debtor has said they are not paying and any further response would not be tolerated and would result in a serious complaint being made.

Never heard from them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone..

..just a quick update...

....I sent letter recorded letter on 22/7/09 and according to post office it was delivered by kilmarnock sorting office on 23/7/09.

They rang me today as they were expecting a payment of £100 yesterday..

.which i never paid

I told them i had sent a letter and did not want to talk to them and hung up.

The phone rang again and i said the same and hung up.

They rang again and and I said the same but she said they had not got the letter,

I told them it had been signed for and hung up.

They rang 2 more time but just let it ring.

Then just before tea they rang again and a man said was there a problem as I was disputing this debt

and I said you signed for the letter and I was not obliged to talk to you and hung up.

They rang again and I just let it ring.

Have I done the right thing?

Will they have my letter or should I send again, what will happen now..

.all help grateful thanks Debbie

Edited by divadeb

I'd just ignore them and they will probably go away or send your debt back to whoever owns it. If memory serves me correctly they ring on a Kilmarnock number so you could subscribe to BT Choose to Refuse and bar their calls. Also consider using Anonymous Call Reject if they're withholding their numbers.

MH are aggressive, unpleasant, abusive, and very rarely read correspondence. If they do you will probably get a call from a thug in 'Mackenzie Hall's Legal Department' berating you for cut and pasting a letter from the Internet.

Don't let them wind you up.

Thanks for the last 2 replies,

I've got a feeling they will ring me again.

I have just Google there name and cant believe what I have read about them.

I also read the OFT report on them and the warning they have had, I was interested to read

that once you sent a letter, they are not allowed to contact you........

.So my plan is when they ring again I will just mention this and wait for a response :lol:

These people are rude, bullies and lowlifes....they must be trained to speak to people like s**t and terrify them...

..I wonder if they have " Rude Schools" hehe

Your next letter should be to the OFT. Outline what you have done and what happened then. Ask them if they think this krowd of kowboys from kilmarnock are worthy of a consumer credit licence - they won't answer that. Whatever the answer from OFT the more complaints received the quicker they will realise that the Scottish leopard rarely changes its spots and a slap on the wristsshould be followed up with more decisive action. Well we can always dream and hope.