Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Training certificates, Can I get Them?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've come on here looking for some help (like most people I guess).


I've recently changed jobs and when I handed in my notice I ask for all my Training certificates to be posted to me, my previous employers took over a month to send out some poor quality photocopies of these certificates.


I would like to know if I'm entitled to the originals as they were awarded to me and are also very relevant and needed by me to prove my qualifications in my new job.


I have asked my old employers again for the originals but there reply was that it's not the company policy and they payed for the courses so the certificates are staying with them.


Any points one way or the other would be welcome on this issue.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Old_andrew2018

The Certificates are the property of your ex-employer as they claim, can you not read the photocopies and order replacements.

If you are able to acquire a replacement I don't expect the fee will be too high.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you should be able to go direct to the training provider and get copies normally they are a few pounds for a new certificate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, one some of the photocopies the numbers are illegible and on some of the they appear to have only copied have the page. I have already contacted providers for the ones I can read, unfortunately C&G want £35 pound a certificate to replace them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I teach City and Guilds courses and certificates normally only cost £6!! Perhaps then ask you ex-employer if they could provide better copies or even ask if you could buy your certificates of them for a small fee??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replacement certificates


Due to system failures Archive Services are currently working at a turn around rate of 5 weeks. Please be patient with any requests you have sent in within the last month, they will be processed as soon as possible.

After a replacement certificate? You can now submit your request and pay on-line! Here’s what you do, simply fill out our on-line replacement certificate application form, complete it, pay on-line using World Pay, and we’ll try and find a copy of your certificate and issue a replacement. Please note that each payment is for one certificate search only and is non-refundable.

On-line application and payment form


MSCD.gif maestro.gifSOLO.gif JCB.gif VISA.gif VIED.gif VISD.gif


But while we have your attention, it’s worth us giving you some further useful info:

Making a payment

  • It costs £34 for a search for a replacement of a City & Guilds certificate and £20 for a search for a replacement of a Single Subject certificate. Note these certificates were historically called Pitman Qualifications before the brand was fully integrated into City & Guilds a few years ago.
  • Payment can be made on-line with the cards listed above.
  • Payments are non-refundable, unless you require a certificate for a period that our records do not cover

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



I work in education currently, whilst I'm not sure about the ownership of the certificates if you know who the exam board is and can remember what tests you took they will send replacements which look just the same as the original. It's a shame your old employer won't keep copies and send you the originals as they are absolutely no use to them at all now you have left.


Unfortunately £30 is the average for a replacement certficate from an exam board which is a pretty shocking price for some printer ink, fancy paper and postage costs.


Good luck in your new job.

I love CAG!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not serve a DPA subject request on the exam board. Will be a lot cheaper than £50 plus you get confirmation of your awards (admittedly not on a nice certificate).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking along the lines of a SAR on my previous employer. I be suprise if they would now what to do and may well send me more than have too.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...