Fixed penalty notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What comeback is there if details on a fixed penalty notice are incorrect?

The details wrong are: Gender Male put down (circled and written) should be female, Learner driver with L plates showing, but put down as none, driver not asked for signature so non given.

Any advice welcomed:)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Any chance of a bit more detail regarding this so that people can understand what was "allegedly" going on and can therefore advise better what they think would constitute a substancial error.

Personally I would have thought that if the issuing officer got something as basic as gender wrong it brings into question their observation skills for the rest of the alleged offence.

However, I also suspect that life is not so simple!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Dare I say no insurance:( Got insurance to run from today, but picked car up a day early so no insurance cover. Silly I know but got a call to say it was ready and thought, wont get caught 3 miles there and back. WRONG!!

PC plod understood, told him insurance co etc, but car got towed and fixed penalty notice given. Would I be better going to court to try get lower fine? I work part-time and earn about £100pw.

Thanks for replies so far.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

If you are unable to get this overturned on the gender technicality or any other issue, you have a big problem, not now but when you come to renew your insurance. You will have to disclose your conviction and that may make the cost of insurance prohibitive.

I pass no moral judgment but I will say that I believe the penalty for driving without insurance should be at least 3 times what the annual insurance would have cost.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

£150 recovery + £20pd. Errors on fixed penalty notices make no difference as they are an offer to deal with an offence quickly and early, contest it and a summons will appear and you go to court, this time correct details will be given. Accepting FPN avoids criminal record and visit to court.

Thanks for the posts.

Edit Im afraid someone who admits to fraud to obtain loans and credit cards is in no position to moralise! Breaking the law is wrong no matter what, whether that is speeding, fraud, driving with no insurance. I had a friend killed by a speeding motorist some years ago, he was fully insured but was going too fast for the conditions and couldnt control his car. Bit of speeding not as bad as having no insurance is it?

Edited by saintly_1
Name removed

Is he actually accusing YOU wheelergeezer? Not having read all the posts on the thread I thought it was a generalisation?

Are there any other posts I should be made aware of in relation to this?

EDIT: Another site team has removed your name now. Is that ok by you WG?

Edited by freakyleaky

Please close the thread.

I only got my info from the posters own threads!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks