Need Help Reclaiming Norton Finance Ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took a loan out with Paragon about 4 years ago and when I came to recently ask how much was owing I was horrified to discover I somehow owed £8k more than I initially took out, despite never missing a payment of about £400 a month over 4 years!

I sent them a letter asking for all correspondence and when I received it I noticed that the PPI I had on the loan was added to the loan at the start and I was paying interest on that amount, which is largely why the amount I owe seemed to be far more than I thought it would be.

I contacted Paragon who told me I needed to speak to my broker - Norton finance. I did this and then sent a letter of complaint using one of the templates from this website to say that I felt I had been mis-sold the PPI as I was unaware it would be added to the loan amount and I would be paying interest.

I have just had a response which in a nutshell says "according to their records I was told everything they were legally obliged to tell me" and if I wanted to take it further I have to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to make a complaint. (Incidently they also told me they had enclosed a leaflet from the Ombudsman with details of how to complain - it wasn't in the envelope - funny that..)

I just wanted to know what I should do from here. To me, telling me that "their records show" that I was told by the customer account manager that I would be charged interest etc does not suffice. Can I demand proof of this? Is it possible that they would be economical with the truth? I certainly don't recall being told this and Im sure if I had I would not have taken the loan out.

Also, they have enclosed a letter on Norton Finance headed paper with the heading "Important Info regarding your application for Optional PPI", which states quite clearly about the terms regarding the cost of the PPI and it being added to the loan amount etc. It is not a copy its newly printed out. I definitely did not receive this when I first took out the loan as I have all copies of everything I received and this was not one of them. Its almost as though they are trying to cover themselves by saying "well look you received one of these". But I didnt!

The only thing I have received from them that is a copy with my signature on is a "demands and Needs Statement" for PPI. Nowhere on this does it state about the cost of the PPI.

Clearly I want to take this further but I wanted some advice on how to do that and also, in peoples experience, is it worth me doing so given that Norton's stance is that their records show I was told all they were legally required to tell me.

If I should take it further, what is the most effective way for me to do this?

I would really appreciate any help as the amount I still owe makes me feel physically sick to think about it as I don't see how Im ever going to pay it off in my life time as it always seems to go up and not down!

Many thanks

Hello and Welcome, Lady JD.

I see you've got your thread up and running in the PPI Forum, good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert