new to all this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a load of debt...around 6k...all chasing me with no funds to pay ...... don't know where to turn and who to ask for help..credit cards ,banks and catalogues...where do I start?:confused:

Hi Brother, we've all been there, but there is help out there, and it will get better. If you haven't read this already I suggest you do so, it is an excellent post that takes you through everything step by step:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/120603-how-get-out-debt.html

Do you have any income? Can you list the companies you owe money to and the outstanding amounts? The more info you can give, the better advice you will get.

I definitely recommend giving National Debtline a call, I found them really helpful.

Suzi

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

halifax...£800

Halifax credit card £2400

Black horse £3500 + massive interest

littlewoods cat...£500

and two ccjs who I havent got a clue!!!

most of the debt is being handled by mackenzie hall and buchanan agencies.. only working part time..get tax credits...dont earn enough to cover my outgoings never mind pay off debt... was working full time but had to cut hours or lose job...sucks I know...but a job is a job...

I don't know if you would consider a debt relief order, however it's only available in England & Wales.

What is a Debt Relief Order?

A debt relief order (DRO) is a new way of dealing with your debts. A DRO may be able to help you if you do not own your home, have few assets and little available income to pay your creditors. It is a cheaper option than bankruptcy. If your DRO application is successful, then none of your creditors can take action to recover your debts for 12 months. The debts are then written off after the 12 months are up.

How do I apply for a DRO?

You apply on-line to the Official Receivers office through a special web application form with the help of an advice agency. There is no court hearing. You can only apply through a special adviser called an ‘approved intermediary’ who is allowed to make the application for you. National Debtline has approved intermediaries who can help you. Phone us for advice.

Do I qualify for a DRO?

There are strict rules that you have to meet to qualify for a DRO. You must:

• be unable to pay your debts;
  • have total debts under £15,000 at the date the application is approved by the Official Receiver;
  • have assets below £300;
  • not have a car or motor bike worth more than £1,000;
  • have less than £50 a month spare income after normal household expenses are taken into account;
  • live in England or Wales (or have lived or run a business in England or Wales in the last three years); and
  • not have had a DRO in the last six years.

That is from the National Debtline website. You can view the rest of the details here : National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 37 Debt Relief Orders

If, as you say, you don't even have enough to cover your outgoings it may be what you are looking for. If you are in Scotland though it doesn't apply.

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D