You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
savemyjob123

gross misconduct at work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently lodged a greivance against my conpany whom I have worked for for 5 months. The greivance came in 3 parts. this thread is relevant to the 2nd & third parts of my grievance. The 2nd was an issue I had with my foreman making comments behind my back to other staff and management, which I found offensive and felt my position was threatened whilst only being on probation, it reflected on my abilities and performance. I complained to mt manager who did nothing and told me to take no notice and then discussed the matter with others. I won my case in this part - my manager was found to be at fault for breaching my confidentiality and since the comments which were made filtered through to my review - it was agreed that this should not have been the case. My manager is now up for disciplinary action. the third part related again to my foreman who I felt that he was singling me out and victimising me and in the way that he spoke to me on site - i felt a case for bullying. The office manager was asked to conduct an investigation. She interviewed several colleagues and found no evidence for bullying and therefore no case to answer.

However this same foreman has, since finding out about my grievance lodged against him, lodged an allegation of gross misconduct against me which the company has to take seriously. Again the office manager is conducting investigations and finding evidence but I have reason to suspect that this foreman is coercing other members of staff under his authority to make statements against me. This I cannot prove and I don't know what people have said yet until I receive copies of statements. What rights have I got against the word of one who has managed to drum up support of others in this serious claim against me? i am not guilty of the offence in question - I havent even been informed of the time and date which this offence is alleged to have taken place. Do I have the right to gather evidence for myself and interview those who have made statements by way of cross examination? How can I prove my innocence. Can I press for taking action against a case of slander or defamation of character? If I am wrongfully accused why should the words of others who have been obviously coerced be believed. I think that they are too afraid to jeopardise their own jobs by disagreeing with the accuser.

If this alledged offence was so serious why was I not reprimanded at the time of the offence why wait until later when he knew I had lodged a grievance against him? It seems to me that the only reason he has done this is in reaction to my actions 'tit for tat' so to speak. But I am backed up into a difficult corner.

the other argument is that had my manager taken notice of me in the first place the matter would not have got this far. Any ideas on where I stabd legally and what I can do to help my case? Are they conducting the matter properly and fairly?

Have you been suspended?

Have you got any of their evidence?

Do you really want to work for this company?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi thanks for your reply

I have been suspended on full pay, they are conducting investigations, i have not been approached for a statement, I have not been given specific details of the alleged offence - they are going to post me copies of the witness statements early next week together with their findings and then i will have the hearing probably the end of next week.

I feel the case is linked to bullying in the workplace and I am trying to find legislation where I can take action with less than 12 months service also action against them neglecting to protect me from the bullying and refusal to accept that bullying has taken place. they seem obsessed with asking everybody els if they have been bullied, and they all said no so they said there is no evidence. But the fact that it has affected me should have been taken into account. in any case the allegation of gross misconduct was only made after I had submitted a grievance against the accuser ( who happens to be the bully - typical behaviour of a bully is to launch counter action in response.) By the way I will have been the third person to have been sacked as a result of some kind of involvement of this bully. What do you reckon?

by the way - no i dont really want to work for this company but I am determined to go all the way with this issue - im like a dog with a bone!!!

It's a matter of principle - I detest bullies and all they stand for.

Thread moved to Employment forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

I'm sorry to say I think you're always going to be on a hiding to nothing with less than 12 months service. Which is very unfair in this case since it sounds as if you're being royally stiched up by this guy. The fact is they have investigated the incident of bullying. They've checked with other staff. There's not really any other way they can investigate and if they take your word for it and discipline him then he's going to have the same argument as you have.

One thing I do find strange is that you haven't been given much in way of details about the offence. If they're carrying out an investigation usually they'd ask for a statement to get the facts as you understand it, although that could depend on the nature of the claims.

i have my gross misconduct disciplinary hearing on friday 24th July at 3.30pm. To date I have not received copies of the statements or any allegation details. I have a UCATT representative to accompany me. I understand that I have a case for Constructive dismissal on the grounds of whistleblowing and breach of procedure even though I have less than 12 months service. The accusation is that i was supposed to be smoking whilst operating an excavator on a national grid gas site. However they have not said when or where exactly the location was - in addition if I was at fault committing such a dangerous health and safety contravention (ie risk of fire/explosion) why did nobody reprimand me at the time including the national grid gas site agent in charge of the operation and why was i not removed from site. Indeed nobody at any time has approached me for this reason. I have always smoked at the allocated smoking point outside the gas compound itself. Moreover - I only received news of the allegation almost a week after lodging my original greivance. It is an obvious case of whistle-blowing.

Also, by the way - I received a letter with the outcome of my grievance which stated that my complaint of bullying was not upheld because after interviewing all concerned ' everybody said that he treats everybody in the same way and I was not singled out in particular' meaning he shouts and bawls at everybody and talks to them like rubbish all the time' which in itself is an admission there there is at least eveidence of unacceptable behaviour which could lead to bullying and ayt least affected the target/victim in some way and caused distress whether intentional or not. So I am going to appeal. I will let you know - meanwhile any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

thanks.