scottcall idiots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i wrote to scotcall offering a full n final apyment on 2 debts, they wrote me back saying debt was passed back to original crediter in nov 08, i have pointed out that the letters i have from them are dated march 09!

they have not responded LMAO

i shall keep you updated

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

haha we had a visit from this idiots today calling on behalf of Activ.Told him to sod off and come back when he has original CCA to which he mumbled and walked away :lol: I feel VERY proud x

• 2 years later...

basically, scottcall did a doorstep visit to me the other month, i wasnt home so he left details with my landlord.

today i got a missed call from them and a text saying that i need to contack them before 4pm today or he will have to visit my house again or contact my landlord.

i work 12 hour days so cannot contact him before 7pm.

im pretty sure he cannot contact my landlord, am i right? especially given the fact that last time he did it caused me great humiliation and inconveniance and the dca knows this.

any advice please?

Don,t delete the text as it will be usefull for an OFT Complaint. Send them a recorded delivery letter outlining that you will not engage with doorstep collectors, nor will you engage with debt collectors by telephone under any circumstances. INSIST THAT THE ISSUE MUST BE DEALT WITH IN WRITING. If in the interim period a doorstep collector does arrive , SIMPLY TELL HIM TO P--S OFF ( STRONGER TERMS CAN BE USED IF YOU PREFER)

NEVER GIVE IN TO THE THREATS OF COLLECTION AGENTS AS THEY DEPEND ON THIS TACTIC TO SURVIVE.

From the OFT Guidelines

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

g. making threatening statements or gestures or taking actions which

suggest harm to debtors

i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless

legally entitled to do so

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondencein a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Hope that helps

R

Edited by Revenant
Formatting up the creek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• 5 months later...

hello i have a problem with scottcall. 3 years ago i got a letter from mercers or something like that saying i owed them £1200 for a credit card. i contacted them saying that iv never had a credit card. the dates they gave me seemed wrong, so i sent them a letter from the c tax office showing that me and my parents had moved from that address a full year before this card was taken out. sent it recorded delivery. a year later they sent me a letter saying the same thing, so i called them up again and told them i had sent a letter to them and that it was signed for. they told me they had nothing on file. its been about 8 years now since this card was active, now i have scottcall to deal with. had one letter and a voice message sent to my house phone. i have phone them and told them its not mine. the guy said that they only got the details in october 2011 and they needed proof that its not mine. should i ignor them coz its been to long ?

Its up to them to prove the debt exists and also sounds like it SB ...have you done a CRA file check but remember to cancel before 14 days are up :)

Some one with more clout will be along to advise if you need more :)

Oh NEVER speak to any DCA or Creditor on the phone and do not give personal details to them.

i didn't give them my phone number so don't know how they got that. i did a credit check back 2008 when we was going for our house. there was a default on my name back in 2004. i didn't know why but now i know what it was

i have phone them and told them its not mine. the guy said that they only got the details in october 2011 and they needed proof that its not mine

It's up to Scotcall to prove that you are the debtor and not for you to prove you are not.

You do not have to send them any paperwork at all to prove where you were at such and such a time.

Did you make a complaint with Mercers (Barclays in-house collections) to both the OFT & Trading Standards?

If not, make a complaint now about Scotcall to both the OFT & Trading Standards.

Get A copy of your credit report, if using experian, please note to cancel within 30 days or you will be charged, if you do not have a debit/credit card, you can obtain the £2 credit report.

If Scotcall or Mercers have placed a default marker onto your credit file, you can sue in Court.

Do not phone any DCA, if they phone you just say "in writing only" and hang up, refuse to go through the security questions, do not forget that the person (I know, am just too polite calling a DCA employee a person) on the other end is on minimum wage and will say anything to get hold of a 20% commission payment!

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Sounds like its SB ... as the limit from last payment on it is 6years...I would ignore they have to prove its yours and by the sounds of it they won`t be able to hence them asking you to tell them who you are where you live etc . DON`T DO IT !

will do and thanks. does the default go away after 6 years ? and can it be put back on ?

A default automatically drops off of your credit file after 6 years and you can only be defaulted once on each debt.

Because this debt is not yours, if a default is on your credit file, sue them in Court, a nice new years tax free bonus :-D

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 5 months later...

Hi

I owe o2 over a thousand, i ignored scottcalls doorstep threats and then Gary turned up and left a card with my landlord, i did set up a monthly payment as my landlord wasnt happy so it was that or eviction.

i havent paid last 2 months and Gary keeps calling, yesterday i told him i was working until 9pm and he rang at 9.36pm last night, i didnt answer so he left voicemail telling me to ring etc.

i text him this morning basically saying i got a letter from head office and i would contatct them as they have continuosly ignored my letter revoking his invite under common law to enter my property/grounds/

this is his friendly reply "why didnt you tell me this yesterday instead of stringing me all day. you had letter because we need payment exactly what i been ringing you for, are you going to arrange payment yes or not, give me a simple yes or no to save valuable time. i am your point of contact.

then one min later i got the text "will be revisiting"

so i replied basically saying ok and gave my new address and that i had told head office about my concerns oh him contatcing my landlord every time i dont answer the phone etc

this was his reaction to my text - "youve been given every opportunity to resolve this issue amicably, your account is now being sent for next stage of action, await further contact at your new address.

i replied "will do"

then he stated "old address will remain on file as main address until new address confirmed."

sorry it was long winded but thats what happens with him/

anyway as i said im going to start my own thread, just wanted to show you that it aint just you.

HI

I owe o2 over a thousand (not disputing it), i ignored scottcalls doorstep threats and then Gary turned up and left a card with my landlord, i did set up a monthly payment as my landlord wasnt happy so it was that or eviction.

i havent paid last 2 months and Gary keeps calling, yesterday i told him i was working until 9pm and he rang at 9.36pm last night, i didnt answer so he left voicemail telling me to ring etc.

i text him this morning basically saying i got a letter from head office and i would contatct them as they have continuosly ignored my letter revoking his invite under common law to enter my property/grounds/

this is his friendly reply "why didnt you tell me this yesterday instead of stringing me all day. you had letter because we need payment exactly what i been ringing you for, are you going to arrange payment yes or not, give me a simple yes or no to save valuable time. i am your point of contact.

then one min later i got the text "will be revisiting"

so i replied basically saying ok and gave my new address and that i had told head office about my concerns oh him contatcing my landlord every time i dont answer the phone etc

this was his reaction to my text - "youve been given every opportunity to resolve this issue amicably, your account is now being sent for next stage of action, await further contact at your new address.

i replied "will do"

then he stated "old address will remain on file as main address until new address confirmed."

sorry it was long winded but thats what happens with him/

anyway as i said im going to start my own thread, just wanted to show you that it aint just you.

Can they keep that address on file (seems futile)

i was hoping for any advice her as I really dont like the way Gary operates.

yeah i pretty much donr that lol, can they keep my old address (which is a friends house) as my main address? as obviously i dont want him turning up at my mates house

totally agree Gary has about as much powers as a snail in your garden, tell him to do one, ohhh the next stage ohhhhh how exciting, I would send Gary the doorstep visit letter thats in library, and also the phone harassment letter in the library, I bet Gary wont like that.......poor Gary he has lost another friend

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

If you gave out bank info for the repayment plan to this muppet, make sure you completely cancel it. If he;s employed by a DCA, then the DCA will be in charge of the account. Gary is just a muppet they send out because their managers are living the life of luxury off scammed money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

why or why are you conversing or even PAYING these muppets!!

its going directly to THEIR POCKET

and that funds the harrassment of OTHER DEBTORS

please NEVER EVER pay a DCA esp a doorstepper.

NEVER EVER converse of the phone either.

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

they ARE NOT bailiffs

and never ever will be.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...