Help MBNA default notice

holley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from MBNA stating that it is a Default Notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they state that I have broken my agreement with them by failing to make minimum payments they will close my account and my credit agreement will be terminated they may also take court proceedings to recover the whole amount I have sent out all the cca letters account in default etc and have offered them a full and final settlement figure which they have totally ignored can someone please advise what course of action I should now take - Thanks

If you upload them to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting & then copy and paste the URL back here we'll be able to see them.

On the Tinypic page left click the 'choose' button & a seperate window will open, choose which file you want to upload and left click 'open', the window will close then left click 'upload now' button. Your document will upload to tiny pic & the page will refresh giving a list of links. Just copy & paste the Url link back here & we'll be able to see it.

MBNA cant produce a valid DN can they?

If this DN was sent out via their usual method of UKmail which counts as 2nd class then the 4 working days for service starts Wednesday 8th July and service would be Monday 13th July so only giving 11 days to remedy the default.

Do you have the envelope ?

They seem to mass mail DNs out on the 7th / 8th of the month.

I dont think you will get any responses to your letters if my own experience is anything to go by

I think you are quite likely to next receive a letter saying your account has been sold on to a DCA

keep that envelope very safe !!

UKmail delivery service is deemed to be a 2nd class delivery service, and as such, would make your Default Notice ineffective as explained by summerbreeze at post #8

Have look at BRW's post on defective DN's -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

Edited by supasnooper
added link