You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

holley

Help MBNA default notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a letter from MBNA stating that it is a Default Notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they state that I have broken my agreement with them by failing to make minimum payments they will close my account and my credit agreement will be terminated they may also take court proceedings to recover the whole amount I have sent out all the cca letters account in default etc and have offered them a full and final settlement figure which they have totally ignored can someone please advise what course of action I should now take - Thanks

Can you scan this notice, remove identifying details and post it up?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I'll try - if I can remember what to do!

If you upload them to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting & then copy and paste the URL back here we'll be able to see them.

On the Tinypic page left click the 'choose' button & a seperate window will open, choose which file you want to upload and left click 'open', the window will close then left click 'upload now' button. Your document will upload to tiny pic & the page will refresh giving a list of links. Just copy & paste the Url link back here & we'll be able to see it.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mj9z6e.jpg

I think this is it hopefully you can see it - thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brill thanks for that

MBNA cant produce a valid DN can they?

If this DN was sent out via their usual method of UKmail which counts as 2nd class then the 4 working days for service starts Wednesday 8th July and service would be Monday 13th July so only giving 11 days to remedy the default.

Do you have the envelope ?

They seem to mass mail DNs out on the 7th / 8th of the month.

I dont think you will get any responses to your letters if my own experience is anything to go by

I think you are quite likely to next receive a letter saying your account has been sold on to a DCA

Have you kept the envelope used by MBNA to send the Default Notice ?

If not then try to find it.

If so, what postage was used ?

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sorry been away they sent it in an ordinary envelope stamped uk mail no stamp or frank mark

keep that envelope very safe !!

UKmail delivery service is deemed to be a 2nd class delivery service, and as such, would make your Default Notice ineffective as explained by summerbreeze at post #8

Have look at BRW's post on defective DN's -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

Edited by supasnooper
added link

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.