Residential Parking Permits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I've tried to ask for advice on the residential forum but no feedback so seeing if anyone knows where we stand legally with an interesting problem we've had. I'll give you the background...

my bf and I rented a flat for 6 months a little while over a year ago. At the time we rented through an agent - they told us there is parking on the site; however, we would have to pay for these. As myself and my bf at the time both had cars we needed to purchase them. They cost £35.00 for the 2 permits & according to the agent they were purchased from the managing agents of the property we were renting.

In March 2009, we were informed by the managing agents that due to a number of complaints with regards to parking on the site they were to re-issue new parking permits to the owner(s) of each property (1 resident permit and 1 visitor permit). Our landlord then only gave us the resident permit. Luckily, by this point I no longer had a car just my bf's.

As before the permits operated the same, although the only difference being that they had a slight different format. This meant that the permits we purchased when we moved in (only 10 months old) were no longer valid. When we moved out May that year we then had to hand the permit back to the landlord.

My query is that we were sold a service for something that we only used for 10 months and were expecting to use indefinately as long as we lived in the property as it has no valid end date. So it made no difference if we lived there 12 months or 12 years. This doesn't seem fair to me.

Does anyone know if we have a case here to get our money back or at least part?... i've spoken to the managing agents but they are no help and not willing to refund any monies.

Hi.

I've tried to ask for advice on the residential forum but no feedback so seeing if anyone knows where we stand legally with an interesting problem we've had. I'll give you the background...

my bf and I rented a flat for 6 months a little while over a year ago. At the time we rented through an agent - they told us there is parking on the site; however, we would have to pay for these. As myself and my bf at the time both had cars we needed to purchase them. They cost £35.00 for the 2 permits & according to the agent they were purchased from the managing agents of the property we were renting.

In March 2009, we were informed by the managing agents that due to a number of complaints with regards to parking on the site they were to re-issue new parking permits to the owner(s) of each property (1 resident permit and 1 visitor permit). Our landlord then only gave us the resident permit. Luckily, by this point I no longer had a car just my bf's.

As before the permits operated the same, although the only difference being that they had a slight different format. This meant that the permits we purchased when we moved in (only 10 months old) were no longer valid. When we moved out May that year we then had to hand the permit back to the landlord.

My query is that we were sold a service for something that we only used for 10 months and were expecting to use indefinately as long as we lived in the property as it has no valid end date. So it made no difference if we lived there 12 months or 12 years. This doesn't seem fair to me.

Does anyone know if we have a case here to get our money back or at least part?... i've spoken to the managing agents but they are no help and not willing to refund any monies.

I don't understand your post. You say you rented for 6 months but used the permit for 10 months ?????

Initially signed up for a 6 month tenancy - then extended this for a further 6 months. Sorry forgot to mention that.

I just want to know is there a case to claim the money back when it seems the managing agents of the property are the ones who should have supplied the permits in the first place to the owner/landlord who then should have passed them on to us (which happened as I said 10 months into the tenancy). I think its a money making game on behalf of the managing agents.

2/12 of 35 gbp. permits used for 10 months and cost 35.

Ok, but that is on an annual basis.. my point earlier was as follows

My query is that we were sold a service for something that we only used for 10 months and were expecting to use indefinately as long as we lived in the property as it has no valid end date. So it made no difference if we lived there 12 months or 12 years!!

Move on no point trying to claim a fiver.;)

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p